Arcadia 2024

aj6658

42 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Quite.

Silver Hayes was the best area at the festival this year. 

Was a pain in the arse not getting a ticket the first year of the Silver Hayes revamp so I’m excited to visit the likes of The Levels and Lonely Hearts Club next year - both seemed like great additions judging from the comments on here and had pretty sweet lineups too.

10 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Was a pain in the arse not getting a ticket the first year of the Silver Hayes revamp so I’m excited to visit the likes of The Levels and Lonely Hearts Club next year - both seemed like great additions judging from the comments on here and had pretty sweet lineups too.

With San Remo over there too, also with sweet line ups it’s really balanced up the site and is now a real alternative to the SEC. 

8 hours ago, gordong said:

It’s a shame the planning permission was refused. 

They could have kept it if they agreed to take it down each year. For costs reasons they couldn't do that so applied for retrospective planning to keep the base but painted green. 

The Council said rural Somerset is not the place to permanently store a 1970s dock, and tbh they are kinda right. 

Miss Pangaea but they still have the concrete footings from it so could put something else there.

11 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

You’ll love both mate. Great venues and great line ups, I only spent one night in SEC last year and didn’t miss it at all. 

17 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

That's disappointing.

It would be so disappointing that I doubt very much it’s true.  We were told by some Arcadia crew that the new project was already underway but there wasn’t enough time for this year’s festival. 

13 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Tell you what, Arcadia looks so small in person. So does the Pyramid. Both of those blew my mind camping for the first time

Wasn’t the spider they used for both of the previous two festivals a scaled down version they’d used for touring rather than the bigger one they had prior? Only time I went to it last year I was tripping on shrooms so perhaps I’m not the best judge but it certainly seemed a lot smaller than I remember from previous editions.

13 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Wasn’t the spider they used for both of the previous two festivals a scaled down version they’d used for touring rather than the bigger one they had prior? Only time I went to it last year I was tripping on shrooms so perhaps I’m not the best judge but it certainly seemed a lot smaller than I remember from previous editions.

I think someone on here said it was the same size just without all the added bits on the arms because theyd been damaged

@FloopFiller @gazzared yes it’s the same spider as always, there’s only one. It was just missing its mechanical arms. 

On 3/29/2023 at 2:39 PM, stuie said:

Yes indeed! I guess the arms may have been damaged in transit? 

2022 spider:

E572610E-EC23-4B5B-BEC6-61794EE74B71.thumb.jpeg.b782ea192574ba2f20e8e7b6ff1752c9.jpeg

On 3/29/2023 at 4:32 PM, stuie said:

a.jpg.5dd40600cf9896c236218d1de6c40dc1.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Shambala?

That's an interesting one.

Shambala do have a vacancy of sorts, with Chai Wallahs departing. But I just can't see the Arcadia Spider fitting into that spot without it essentially taking over that whole area and changing the whole vibe for the worse.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Shambala?

Not a chance

18 hours ago, incident said:

But I just can't see the Arcadia Spider fitting into that spot without it essentially taking over that whole area and changing the whole vibe for the worse.

Agree, it's really not a Shambala thing and presumably would be out of their reach budget wise.