Arcadia 2024

aj6658

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In a small way, I guess. But with the new Glade, the majority of people are outside the canopy...and the sound is terrible unless you're relatively close. At least with a hangar style venue, everyone's raving under the same roof

I found the best place for the sound this year was right at the back of the arena.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I found the best place for the sound this year was right at the back of the arena.

Interesting. I was stood on the left hand side a few times and not only was the sound not very loud, but the bleed from the Dome was terrible. I much prefer being under a canopy or a tent, hence the call for a large undercover stage where Arcadia sits. It ticks a lot of boxes

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. I was stood on the left hand side a few times and not only was the sound not very loud, but the bleed from the Dome was terrible. I much prefer being under a canopy or a tent, hence the call for a large undercover stage where Arcadia sits. It ticks a lot of boxes

Best place for me was sat down on the benches between the mini bar and the water point, which was on the left (facing the stage). Didn't get any sound bleed from the dome.

On 11/24/2023 at 8:05 PM, FloopFiller said:

Was a pain in the arse not getting a ticket the first year of the Silver Hayes revamp so I’m excited to visit the likes of The Levels and Lonely Hearts Club next year - both seemed like great additions judging from the comments on here and had pretty sweet lineups too.

Has Silver Hayes always been late night? I went to Glasto in 2015 & 2016 and we were guilty of just heading to the SE corner every night as we didn't know where else to go; and i'm pretty sure there was nothing on late at Silver Hayes?! Keen to explore other late night areas next year though!

Just now, nicksinc said:

Has Silver Hayes always been late night? I went to Glasto in 2015 & 2016 and we were guilty of just heading to the SE corner every night as we didn't know where else to go; and i'm pretty sure there was nothing on late at Silver Hayes?! Keen to explore other late night areas next year though!

Always been a 3am finish

No one asking the most important question.

Will it have fire?

Arcadia worked as it was literally like moths to a flame. Seeing the flames drew people in from across the site taking pressure off the SE corner. Without them it’s just another tent/area without anything really specific attracting attention from other similar venues on site. 

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

This year was the first time the main stage in silver Hayes as gone in til 3am. Sonic stopped at 12:30.

Previously Gully ran until 3am though, so that could be compared to The Levels I suppose. 

On 12/6/2023 at 9:28 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

So, how could it work? Suspended in the air as if in flight? Rotors working? Would that be safe enough? DJ's in the cockpit?

In my head it's been cut in half. 

The front is facing the crowd, DJ Booth in the cockpit, main rotor spinning over the top (but not directly above the crowd). 

Spinning Tail rotor by the sound desk. 

Painted some crazy colours and all circled by flame towers. 

A Chinook weighs over 100 tons so it's definitely not moving round the site.

20 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Gully is surely lonely hearts club? It's what replace it directly. 

The original point was that Silver Hayes has (always) run until 3am, despite Sonic closing at 00:30

On 12/6/2023 at 3:49 PM, nicksinc said:

In 2016 Sonic stage had a silent disco that went on till 7AM!! 

The Wow stage, Blues & Pussy Parlour went until 3AM

Elsewhere Park Area, Glade and Green fields also options

The stage times are still online take a look at what you could've won

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2016/

Edited by Ben7amin_

11 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Don't be an arse. I was specifically said the main stage. 

Sorry, not intentional.  I didn't notice you said main stage and I never used to think of it as that - I liked Gully and always thought Sonic was a bit sh*t.  

On 12/7/2023 at 5:33 AM, squirrelarmy said:

Will it have fire?

Arcadia worked as it was literally like moths to a flame. Seeing the flames drew people in from across the site taking pressure off the SE corner. Without them it’s just another tent/area without anything really specific attracting attention from other similar venues on site. 

Agree with this.  Feel its lost some of the impact now its doesn't have the noise that went along with the flames. 

They had the afterburner at Valley fest which still makes that noise, was nice to hear it 

On 12/7/2023 at 5:33 AM, squirrelarmy said:

Will it have fire?

The fire is a big thing but its important to remember Arcadia has by far the biggest, most mainstream DJs out of any late night stage. Its also near to a lot of main stages.

Without the fire it would still be chocka for say Calvin Harris etc

The fire / how cool it is etc is a huge thing for helping them get djs to take the pay cut (and no doubt for an act like Calvin who wanted tickets for their mates, their larger than average ticket allocation for friends and family)

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s a sea king not a chinook. Still a sizeable aircraft though. 

It is but slightly underwhelming compared to Pangea or even the spider. Struggle to see how they will utilise it to make use of the space. Has a Genosys bus vibe about it.

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The 747 Stage at Burning Man is a fun concept. Would like to see them try and get one of these down the A361

3.jpg

4.jpg

On 12/7/2023 at 3:43 PM, Leyrulion said:

In my head it's been cut in half. 

The front is facing the crowd, DJ Booth in the cockpit, main rotor spinning over the top (but not directly above the crowd). 

Spinning Tail rotor by the sound desk. 

Painted some crazy colours and all circled by flame towers. 

A Chinook weighs over 100 tons so it's definitely not moving round the site.

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The 747 Stage at Burning Man is a fun concept. Would like to see them try and get one of these down the A361

3.jpg

4.jpg

I think this must have been where I've got the idea from. 

Cut this in half, raise it up about 5 metres, flame shooting out the top of the propellers. Rear bit you can climb in and have a seat. 

Could be pretty cool.

Westland_WS-61_Sea_King_HAR3,_UK_-_Air_Force_AN0769355.jpg

• 2 months later...