Is It Time To Ditch See Tickets?

JoeSchmo

F**k Ticketmaster and LiveNation - if they were doing the sales the booking fee would be £15 + some other made up fee + admin charge + postage + some other charge made up depending on what day it is.

Or they'd introduce "Dynamic pricing" then none of us could afford to go!.

Plus they'd be tickets on the resale market 5 seconds after the sale started.

And it's not as if they can handle massive demand either google "Tailor Swift ticket fiasco"

Seetickets may be terrible - but they're not a bunch of money grabbing C**ts.

Edited by Penrhos
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Just to point out that Ticketmaster surge pricing is completely at the discretion of the artists, so Glastonbury would be able to say no to all that sort of thing. 

The main reason I don't want Ticketmaster is for selfish reasons - its too fair. Everyone has the same chance, no persistence needed

dynamic pricing has zero domain on festival tickets at all. Thats why they sell them in tiers instead. Thats a festivals way of  doing dynamic pricing.  And since its the uk the service fees are not insane. You think tm is too fair? Haha try it in the u.s.

4 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

What and use ticketmaster? At least you have some control over your chances. 

its with seetickets  cos ticketmaster wanted to charge higher fees and Michael didn't want those higher fees.

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Capacity … able to scale up for the biggest sale 

Not just the technical side but also ticket handling and despatch plus the customer services to deal with queries.

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Capacity … able to scale up for the biggest sale 

I imagine there are already a handful of ticket agents who could handle it tbf. 

Plus some others who wouldn't have to make massive changes to do so. 

That being said I don't think See's system is all that bad. 

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

TM can handle far more transactions than See do and do so regularly

Now Melvin is back at GF, wouldn't be surprised to see TM doimg the sale next year 

Michael has always overseen the tickets, I can't see that changing.

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah am sure he's delighted with See today.. 

Is it clear that see are responsible could be punters not updating their deets when asked to and glasto not publicising the need to update well enough.Doubt Michael is much concerned cos he wouldn't see any of the money until July. so there's little meaningful effect in the short term 

No publicity is bad publicity..

I suspect there'll be huge numbers of people registering next week and the bun-fight will be just as harsh on T-Day.

The only thing See need to fix is the bit where you've got to the booking page and pressed "Buy tickets" - it 100% should not crash at that point, the queue can be as wobbly as a Jelly in an earthquake, but the payment pages need to be rock solid.

I loath TM and their virtual queues/waiting rooms (and to see tickets on resale sites before the page has been open for a minute). 

Regardless I think both sales will be done and dusted in 20 minutes or so.

Edited by Penrhos

12 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Yeah am sure he's delighted with See today.. 

Whether he's bothered or not doesn't mean he'd necessarily give up his responsibility for choosing the ticketing 

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

Is it clear that see are responsible could be punters not updating their deets when asked to and glasto not publicising the need to update well enough.Doubt Michael is much concerned cos he wouldn't see any of the money until July. so there's little meaningful effect in the short term 

Lots of people on here and twitter have confirmation emails after doing their update and now have no registrations associated with their email address. 

I used to have to work with See as a 3rd party supplier to a client I used to have. can't say who it was (it was Manchester City FC) 😁

They're a bit basic and it amazed me when I found out they did The Farm tickets also. 

Someone needs to take on the ticketing and do it properly - do it as a corporate/social responsibility/charity thing. IMO

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

Lots of people on here and twitter have confirmation emails after doing their update and now have no registrations associated with their email address. 

Yeah that sounds like a screwed database. Guess that I should check the registration that the wife did for me and which I got an email to say approved.

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Reckon that is changing myself. Not sure he will be doing that now. 

He's worked hard over the years to keep ticket fees to low for his customers.

Would be odd if he dropped that entirely.could also experiment with dynamic pricing and other stuff that costs the punters.

13 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Spot on. The cheapest option will win. 

Cheapest keeps lots of people going every year it seems. And you wonder why they didnt keep that new form of checking out from the resale. They saw that it was much more efficient and "stress free" so they nicked it cause why should it be that simple. Hitting f5 for an hour straight is the best way in their view.

Still surprised more people arent using bots to get their tix. Although Im sure there are some who do and never tell.