Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

6 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Can try and change again? Or ask others to try. Or try from work on a break

Unlike those whose registration was removed and would have had no options.

This really isn't that difficult 

I mean it’s more the fact they moved it less than four hours before the sale - they didn’t give people time to react. They would’ve known for ages that this would be a problem which would make changing plans easier. It’s a poor show from such a well established festival, more on timing than anything.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Out of curiosity I had a look and it seems the sales date was announced Sept 22nd, so 6 weeks notice

Are people on here really saying they then went ahead and booked holidays etc within those six weeks? Smells like Porky's to me

Yes - booked flights to North Macedonia for the England football match. Would've booked another time/day had I known about the Glastonbury sale

25 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

yeah me too.

time was there were only two ways to find out about gigs 1) the listings in the back of NME (or whatever was your reading of choice) and 2) the absolutely brilliant listing printouts that you grabbed from just inside the door at Stargreen.

I was probably in the queue behind you both. Loved getting the physical tickets handed to me over their overly high counter and their giglist was the greatest thing in print back then, complete with typos you'd have to decipher to learn if it really was that band you liked or someone else closely named. Always had plenty eager to have a look after me in the office too.

50 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Out of curiosity I had a look and it seems the sales date was announced Sept 22nd, so 6 weeks notice

Are people on here really saying they then went ahead and booked holidays etc within those six weeks? Smells like Porky's to me

I don’t know why the concept of booking a holiday 6 weeks out is a difficult one to understand. I know two people who have literally done this. One of them is in the air on the 19th.

Add to that a couple of friends who had swapped their shifts to be available-one a nurse, one works in a Cafe-and will struggle to do so again at such short notice. Anyone who works in hospitality or retail will struggle in November.

I’m an Air Traffic Controller, I’m in the same boat. There’s a world of difference for me in 6 weeks notice and 2 weeks notice. As luck would have it I’m off on the 19th but it’s only sheer luck with an existing shift swap. Two colleagues have exactly the opposite problem.

I’m surprised at the festival for not grasping how much of an issue this is for some. 

• Like 3

What a sh*t show - this has to be the worst decision and so badly managed, its almost laughable. They must be in serious trouble to feel the need to implement such a delay and at such short notice, there can only be such a small number of live registrations available that they know its going to look embarrassing if they go ahead with the sale. People have had months to do this and if they had 2 million regs as they have said before they wouldn't be doing this. This can't be a decision they have taken lightly - embarrassing. 

"it has come to light that some individuals hoping to buy tickets for 2024 have discovered after Monday’s registration deadline that they are no longer registered, despite believing they were."

Has there been a singled confirmed example of this? I haven't heard of it for anyone.

Everyone who doubled checked and even created new registration if necessary still has their registrations.

Such an odd excuse to roll out especially given it it were true they will have known for ages.

1 minute ago, Penrhos said:

Anyone fancy logging a FOI or GDPR request against See?

You could only make a subject access request to your personal data, which is essentially what the lookup system is giving you anyway.

They aren't obligated to tell you anything else - private companies aren't subject to the FOIA. 

7 minutes ago, dulcificum said:

"it has come to light that some individuals hoping to buy tickets for 2024 have discovered after Monday’s registration deadline that they are no longer registered, despite believing they were."

Has there been a singled confirmed example of this? I haven't heard of it for anyone.

Everyone who doubled checked and even created new registration if necessary still has their registrations.

Such an odd excuse to roll out especially given it it were true they will have known for ages.

yes , a fair few people including myself have posted about peoples who confirmed on the link no longer having registrations. i think somebody messed up on the database side and they realised very late.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Would you think that if you were one of the people who's registration got deleted and you didn't find out until you got to the booking page?

I checked mine and advised others in our group to as well. I am sure some didn't. So yeah if they had completed all the things correctly and found no number and costs us a speck yeah I would be pissed off.

A right call if not a bit of a shambolic one.