Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

Why is it whenever Glastonbury try to do anything technical, its a massive screw up

• Last year payments not going through and people getting tickets 30 minutes after sold out tweeted 
  • Year before that when everyone had access to the special Glastonbury COVID live event which people paid for
  • This year is not realising till 4hours before tickets that there maybe be an issue with registrations 

Honestly - pretty miffed and I can still get tickets on the 16th and the 19th (horrifically hungover and my friends trying from their hotels)

There are people out there who literally moved schedules and used holidays who have been screwed as they now cant get tickets

6 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Ridiculous that’s there people on here who still make out that the festival is 10x / 20x oversubscribed when they’ve been able to get tickets year after year after year. The festival demand is a lot lower than people believe and it’s not outside the realm of possibility that the festival were slightly concerned it might not sale out immediately. 

well out of the last 8 sales / resales I have been able to secure a ticket in one of them. This is with a group of 6 people trying. It will 100% sell out, this has nothing to do with any worries about it not selling out.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

people who have a confirmation email for their reg update now can’t access them using the lookup. See have f**ked up, nothing to do with influencers. 

This was Glastonbury's last tweet before today - from Monday this week. 

I confirmed my reg, and got a confirmation email for that.  But I also knew they were going to delete a load of registrations in early October, so anybody could/should have checked that they still had a registration on the other side of that.

People suddenly finding they have no registration, have had a month to have checked this, and ignored multiple reminders to do exactly that!

image.png.ee8071a7396420c36b3ce2fc9c7208e1.png

1 minute ago, goonerben said:

This was Glastonbury's last tweet before today - from Monday this week. 

I confirmed my reg, and got a confirmation email for that.  But I also knew they were going to delete a load of registrations in early October, so anybody could/should have checked that they still had a registration on the other side of that.

People suddenly finding they have no registration, have had a month to have checked this, and ignored multiple reminders to do exactly that!

image.png.ee8071a7396420c36b3ce2fc9c7208e1.png

So it is the thickos fault?

People saying this is because they’re scared it won’t sell out are out of their minds. Glastonbury is more popular than ever with last year selling out just as fast as it has the previous decade. I’m sure it’s got a lot more to do with some technical issue, most likely regarding this whole registration check business, than them worrying they’re gonna have tickets left over which obviously won’t be the case. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, goonerben said:

Lots of stories of people who didn’t ignore it, and jumped through all the hoops, only to find they didn’t have a valid registration. 

50 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why do you care? No offence but you just try in two weeks instead. It's a minor inconvenience at most

Because people have made plans and they may not be available on the new date. Our group has the date in the diary from the moment it's announced. As it is we all have other plans for that weekend. If you're going to delay it, give more than two weeks notice. Why not have the sale in January?

• Like 1

Just now, The Nal said:

So it is the thickos fault?

I'm not calling anybody a thicko.  But everybody has had a month to check they still have a registration.  Not having done so until this week, displays an enormous amount of faith in See Tickets not to f**k up, which is (evidently) misplaced!

24 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I don't think it's got anything to do with being worried about selling enough tickets.  It will always be oversubscribed now unless there is a massive change, like it not being televised on BBC or not having massive headliners. Even then I think it would continue to sell out on reputation alone. 

It looks like some genuine issues with registration for some people. 

Massively frustrating for those of us who haven't had issues and got sorted for today/ Sunday especially as it feels like we will be worse off (I.e. more people trying for tickets).

However, in the spirit of the festival I think it is the right thing to do. 

Glasto would get slated whatever they did in this scenario at least they are trying to let people access tickets who wouldn't be able to. 

They deserve to be slated though as they created this situation themselves 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Lots of stories of people who didn’t ignore it, and jumped through all the hoops, only to find they didn’t have a valid registration. 

They may not have ignored the need to confirm registration by 30th September.  But have certainly ignored messages saying to check your registration during October.  Plenty did that, found they didn't have one, and re-registered.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, goonerben said:

I'm not calling anybody a thicko.  But everybody has had a month to check they still have a registration.  Not having done so until this week, displays an enormous amount of faith in See Tickets not to f**k up, which is (evidently) misplaced!

You’re not accounting for technical failure.

11 minutes ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

Like others it messes me up as I will be in a meeting for the coach sale and away for the general sale. Meh.

I'd booked this weekend off work for the sale, am due in on the rescheduled date.  Honestly I'll take the minor irritation if it stops others losing out unfairly due to an administrative cock-up.

Has everyone commented on their post? I hope thousands do. Im sick of all this fairness excuse for everything? Its blooming unfair for my nurse friends who booked the time off and havent got a hope in hell of getting it off now. Same for all shift workers . Its grossly unfair. Ive had to take my blood pressure tablets early Im so annoyed.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Because everything was sorted for today - groups sorted, plan of action all ready for today.  Now people might want to change groups because more people have got their act together. 

Also Im celebrating my birthday on the 18th - now all gonna be hungover for the 9am sale

Why do you have more of an issue with me than Glastonbury deciding to postpone 4 hours before because people who were lazy are given a chance 

That's my issue too, all of my group are staying at my house on the 18th to celebrate my birthday, so rather than being spread around the country with access to different routers, we're all going to be on one. I don't fancy our chances.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’d love to know how many registrations are affected by this and how many folk are actually properly registered for tickets. Actual number always seems to be shrouded in secrecy. 

I thought about this too. My solution would have been to put about 80% of tickets on sale for those with active registrations now, put the final 20% on sale in Jan after a new registration period.

• Like 1