Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

18 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Shania Twain has just announced dates which mean she could easily be around for Glasto....

JUNE
27 – Belfast, Ormeau Park
28 – Dublin, Malahide Castle

JULY
2 – Stirling, City Park
4 – Lancashire, Lytham Green
5 – Chepstow Racecourse

A days gap on the Saturday, playing Sunday looks very likely. 3 days break there and with 1 day break before Stirling. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Folk I'm in a WhApp group with thought that this locked them in.

Ha. There was never a chance.

I've "known" the dates for about a month now and tallied this morning, but even though the first lot of ones I got had a huge GSH, they just wouldn't play it in their precarious state (or maybe whatever/whenever circumstances). Brian might think it would be cool, not sure if Ang is arsed.

This tour is for the hard-core fans, hence Germany getting the lion's share and for a massive payday. I'm not even convinced they'll extend to the US and Oz later. Might just do a continent a year, like the Stones, might bow out after Dublin (or Glasgow, which I suspect will pop out of nowhere), or if rehearsals and Brian's voice has been going well, they may just plough on, now Cliff's reluctance to properly tour is no longer a factor.

43 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

The wording on the announcement was actually her only south of England HEADLINE date, which more or less confirms her for Glastonbury

And/or a sub at BST maybe?

On 2/12/2024 at 7:33 PM, OllieMadd said:

Some of these exclusives are hilarious. 

Her ONLY gig in Bedford in LATE JUNE in the EVENING

South of England exclusive is a fairly standard thing

quite a big area to pull from - i.e. makes people go for it and not hold out for a london show