Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

36 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

I need to win some money. Wow what a line up.IMG_2102.jpeg

Always a proper wow moment when their poster comes out. 10 days though, you'd be absolutely skint just on the food and drink.

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That's mad, I don't know anyone apart from Joe Bonamassa below but The Stones, Foos, The Killers, Hozier, VW, Beach Boys is mad for this fest. They've blown everything out.

And you know the Jimmy Buffett celebration is going to be off the charts.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a proper New Orleans funeral procession through the streets for that.

16 minutes ago, Mike A said:

And you know the Jimmy Buffett celebration is going to be off the charts.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a proper New Orleans funeral procession through the streets for that.

It's mad because I remember hearing there was a New Orleans Jazz anniversary this year and that there might be a bigger deal made but it's never been a festival I've ever considered. I'd also probably avoid NOLA between April and May but I'd certainly see my ticket! I haven't got a clue of the 13 lines before but who cares lol. Its by far better than the last two years top lines but they do seem to have a lot of repeat bookings even from the previous year.

35 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

image.thumb.png.2a3707d1e54a0edd0ac8de0edb817463.png 

Maribou State playing live over Glastonbury weekend. Hope them and Sofia Kourtesis make an appearance.

Would love a West holts headline slot from Maribou state! Not sure if they’re quite big enough yet though….

Yess the Sofia Kourtesis dream lives on. 

The line up for Beyond the Pale Looks insanely good. Would love to see any of these at Glasto: Soulwax, Richie Hawtin, Thievery Corporation, 2manydjs, Folamour, Helena Hauff,, Kruder & Dorfmeister.

image.thumb.png.fd44df6324c16a90e09dbb8f839b1cca.png

Edited by Breeze
  • Upvote 1

Doja Cat, J Hus, Nicki Minaj, 21 Savage & Future for Wireless. Could this possibly scupper Doja from appearing at Glastonbury? Don’t think any Wireless headliners have played both before, at least not in its current iteration.

IMG_8730.jpeg

Edited by FloopFiller

59 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Doja Cat, J Hus, Nicki Minaj, 21 Savage & Future for Wireless. Could this possibly scupper Doja from appearing at Glastonbury? Don’t think any Wireless headliners have played both before, at least not in its current iteration.

IMG_8730.jpeg

Dates are quite close though so still possible to get as much in while she’s over. Either that or they’ve got ORod booked to sub instead but doubt they’d have scrambled around with changing headliner dates for Stevie if the rumours are true and they had ORod. 

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

Dates are quite close though so still possible to get as much in while she’s over. Either that or they’ve got ORod booked to sub instead but doubt they’d have scrambled around with changing headliner dates for Stevie if the rumours are true and they had ORod. 

But considering she’s headlining Wireless and stuff like Coachella she might see herself as above a Pyramid sub or Other Stage headline slot at Glastonbury for f**k all money. Only thing in favour of it happening is she might feel like she has unfinished business after cancelling in ‘22.

3 hours ago, Breeze said:

The line up for Beyond the Pale Looks insanely good. Would love to see any of these at Glasto: Soulwax, Richie Hawtin, Thievery Corporation, 2manydjs, Folamour, Helena Hauff,, Kruder & Dorfmeister.

image.thumb.png.fd44df6324c16a90e09dbb8f839b1cca.png

I think Jungle will be on the farm

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2024 at 7:44 PM, westholtschic said:

They are touring the States in the year.

They are playing on the 2nd May in New Orleans 

Guess I wasn't aware of it. Having just seen on their own official website that they're doing some fairly extensive US touring in April-July (or, you know, extensive for 80-somethings not in US politics), guess this lines in accordingly.

Have Parcels ever played Glastonbury? Cos there's a band I'd absolutely love to see on the Park. And they're in Europe this summer...

Actually, Parcels on before Justice would be a 1-2 I couldn't miss. Chuck em both on Woodsies (although after this next album, I think Justice will be too big for it).

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

IMG_8730.jpeg

How do we know from this that Doja is at Wireless. If so, count Glastonbury out.

4 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

But considering she’s headlining Wireless and stuff like Coachella she might see herself as above a Pyramid sub or Other Stage headline slot at Glastonbury for f**k all money. Only thing in favour of it happening is she might feel like she has unfinished business after cancelling in ‘22.

I wouldn't totally rule it out but she doesn't need to take a Glastonbury slot that isn't a headliner really. I know LDR is on the '2nd stage', but she's still down as a main stage headliner. I'd say it's also the biggest and main set they've had.

4 hours ago, foolee said:

It might be an accepted thing from all parties for her to sub and that material wise she doesn't want to stretch it yet and be comfortable first. Currently even with a decent 15 minutes talking time, playing both albums in full minus 1 for the complicated cover would be 1hr 30. People compare to Billie Eilish but she had over 1hr 30 minutes worth of material to play with from two longer albums. Based on that option, they would need a headliner. I never thought they would have Olivia and Dua Lipa the same year. Those two and Coldplay would not look good on Glastonbury in my opinion.