Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

On 1/8/2024 at 5:49 PM, snoochie1981 said:

The leaked dates are one page back and included Bottlerock for the 24th. So a good sign for the rest of the dates 

Clearly I was either feeling lazy or thought they were much further back.

But yeah. Mad Cool and NOS Alive were correct listings so this one also being accurate is another positive sign.

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Should add for clarification that I have not been told anything in relation to KOL and Glastonbury.

It just puts them in the UK around festival time and given that their only currently announced UK date is on July 4th at Silverstone you'd think if my info is correct there will be more dates added around 23rd June and 4th July.

Potentially leaving a GSH...?

Must be quite a lengthy UK arrangement if they're already in the area for Silverstone to do the British Grand Prix weekend.

Also would be slightly weird if the £100 that Silverstone wants for that ends up being at the cheaper end of tickets to see a show this summer.

Just now, northernangel said:

Not sure where to put this but Liam and John Squire debuting in at 16th I'm sure what under their expectation. Personally I wouldn't consider it out of place.

Doubtful. Liam would need to be rehearsing a full set of material with a different band while in tge middle of a tour.

On 1/12/2024 at 2:08 PM, Gnomicide said:

They have dates in Germany over Glastonbury weekend. 

Screenshot_20240112_140810_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2056934bc33de26a65731a97170985eb.jpg

Aye, it's a shame. Think I'm going to be able to get to a springtime show, having moved some things around.

They're a weird one for me. One of my favourites on record - History Books was a nice return after Get Hurt was hit and miss - but think of the three times I've seen them live, was only blown away the once. (I saw them twice behind Get Hurt, when they were going through the motions.)

8 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

It’s a place I’ve always wanted to visit. My wife has put an extra couple of lines on tomorrow’s lottery now 😂

Im going in April (again) for the French Quarter Festival. Which is free.

The whole French Quarter turns into a music festival but all the shops, bars and restaurants are all open. Like Glasto in a city.

Anyone whos never been to NOLA I cant recommend it enough. Totally unique.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Im going in April (again) for the French Quarter Festival. Which is free.

The whole French Quarter turns into a music festival but all the shops, bars and restaurants are all open. Like Glasto in a city.

Anyone whos never been to NOLA I cant recommend it enough. Totally unique.

Fully agree. It's a great scene. I used to visit frequently when we lived in Houston.
But just like Glasto, walking through the French Quarter also smells like walking past the long drops 🤢.

4 minutes ago, Mike A said:

Fully agree. It's a great scene. I used to visit frequently when we lived in Houston.
But just like Glasto, walking through the French Quarter also smells like walking past the long drops 🤢.

The smell of weed masks that now. Like most US cities these days. 

• Upvote 1