Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

On 1/2/2024 at 11:24 AM, gfa said:

They already have dates announced around glasto

Where? I can only find 14th June and 4th of July?

Edited by Isaaclk

22 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Where? I can only find 14th June and 4th of July?

This would constitute around glasto imo

It doesn't show they are playing a certain day but they are clearly 'touring around glasto'

Edited by gfa

52 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Ashton Gate concerts: Mystery line-up for multi-artist gig https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-67886187

No names yet, but given the date and location, surely therell be some overlap.

I'm getting 90s / early 00s boy and girl band vibes from this..

8 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Strong rumours that Take That are playing the stadium next summer so that fits.

4 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Erm, these strong rumours?  The already sold out shows there?

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/event/take-that/

I was about to say "Wasn't the strong rumour that they'd already announced their 2024 touring schedule"?

2 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Have OMD ever played Glastonbury? Hearing the exquisite Messages on Lauren Laverne earlier got me looking at their tour schedule and can see they're active next year. No idea where they'd play right enough but would be there with bells on. 

No, but they should be asked! Their new album is super. I really love them.

• Like 1

The festival has a general blind-spot towards acts like that - and the likes of Erasure, Heaven 17, ABC, etc - even up to and including the likes of Depeche Mode and Duran Duran.

As the 60s and 70s generation of acts start to disappear they do need to accept that the 80s is where they should be looking for their heritage performers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The festival has a general blind-spot towards acts like that - and the likes of Erasure, Heaven 17, ABC, etc - even up to and including the likes of Depeche Mode and Duran Duran.

As the 60s and 70s generation of acts start to disappear they do need to accept that the 80s is where they should be looking for their heritage performers.

Always thought OMD had a little more street cred in the bank (weren't they briefly signed to Factory?) but yeah I think you're right. Those sort of acts seem to have been compartmentalised by Rewind and the like.

Totally agree. There's only been very selective 80's acts (The Cure, The Pretenders, Pet Shop Boys), but they should make amends. Particularly with those who remain valid today (The Pretenders Relentless and OMD Bauhaus Staircase aren't far off their classic eras).