Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2024

northernringo

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Sigrid just got announced for a festival in Norway the week after Glastonbury. Doesn't mean too much as that's where she lives but it at least means she's active around that time. She loves the festival so wouldn't say no to the call

Fingers crossed, missed her in 2022.

Where did you see this by the way?

EDIT: found it:

https://www.stavernfestivalen.no/artister-2024

Edited by northernringo

24 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Does this mean Jai Paul being a Primavera exclusive was a lie?

So FKA Twigs back on too?

The promoter who originally posted Jai being an exclusive has backtracked on it and said it was a mistake. Could be argued that this is simply because he got caught out and was forced to backtrack, but as it stands I’m still expecting FKA, Vampire Weekend and Clipse to be exclusives, but we shall see…

As an aside, festivals often seem to play fast and loose with their exclusives when it comes to Glastonbury anyway due to it 1. Being sold out/so hard to get tickets to and 2. The lineup not coming out until well in to next year, so I often see exclusives and think ‘hmm not sure about that one’ that often end up playing Glastonbury. 

The Postal Service and Death Cab For Cutie have today announced a TBC London date for their joint Give Up and Transatlanticism anniversary tour. 

image.thumb.png.d2f92dc968e7a2921f8295998bb6e930.png

They finish the US leg in mid May so depending how long the gap is between that and the London date they may be in town around Glastonbury. 

Have either played at the farm before?

Edited by Kaboom Boxer
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

The Postal Service and Death Cab For Cutie have today announced a TBC London date for their joint Give Up and Transatlanticism anniversary tour. 

image.thumb.png.d2f92dc968e7a2921f8295998bb6e930.png

They finish the US leg in mid May so depending how long the gap is between that and the London date they may be in town around Glastonbury. 

Have either played at the farm before?

I wonder why the mystery around the London date?

Unless it ends up being All Points East or one of those kinda things.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

I wonder why the mystery around the London date?

Unless it ends up being All Points East or one of those kinda things.

Yeah APE/another festival who has yet to announce makes the most sense. Would DCFC and Postal Service get their own APE day? Didn’t at all think they’d be big enough but I suppose as the single UK date with a good undercard it could do alright. 

57 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah APE/another festival who has yet to announce makes the most sense. Would DCFC and Postal Service get their own APE day? Didn’t at all think they’d be big enough but I suppose as the single UK date with a good undercard it could do alright. 

I love them to death but I don’t think they’re close to big enough for that.