All Points East 2024

stanh

21 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Based just off playing Coachella for the promoters in 2019 and the fact they obviously don't care about selling out... Sufjan as a West Stage headliner?

Given that most APE attendees treat the place like a glorified beer garden, Sufjan would be a disastrous booking. And I bloody love the bloke. 

29 minutes ago, stereodista said:

Given that most APE attendees treat the place like a glorified beer garden, Sufjan would be a disastrous booking. And I bloody love the bloke. 

He's not touring this new album according to the label. But I would pay silly money to see him - he's a bucket list artist for sure

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

He's not touring this new album according to the label. But I would pay silly money to see him - he's a bucket list artist for sure

A aaaand my hopes have come crashing down to earth. 

Not for APE. Good lord no. But a normal tour in the spring. Sigh. 

Anyway, I'll bet on LCD Soundsystem. They'd apparently booked in an Irish gig for August 2023 and postponed 12 months to facilitate that recent US tour they did with Idles and Jamie xx. So in the interests of optimism, let's say the three of them on a bill together. 

2 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Based just off playing Coachella for the promoters in 2019 and the fact they obviously don't care about selling out... Sufjan as a West Stage headliner?

I'm not sure their struggle to shift tickets means they don't care about selling out.. I'm sure they're trying, they're just not doing it very well.

3 hours ago, emmanuel said:

The chance of repeated headliners from the past 5 years is probably 50% and the chance of an underwhelming line-up is probably 90%, but hope is good!

99% chance of a repeat headliner i reckon

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

BMTH, they've got their own festival in Japan called Nex_Gen could see them bringing it over here and they've headlined APE before.

Hopefully they can sell more than 25% capacity this time ... mind you thats probably better than Dermot lol

33 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Four times bigger than they were when they got nowhere near selling it out four years ago, without a new album since??? 😂

When they headlined last time it was during a time when a lot of fans were throwing hissy fits over the new album/sound,

Since then they have done two big arena tours (both complete sell outs), headlined reading/Leeds and download.

Survival horror wasn't officially an album but let's face it in reality it was, the physical release still went to number 1 and imagine nex gen will do the same

4 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Probably too big now 

There's no way they are too big now 😂 Probably about the right size for it, it certainly wouldn't sell out instantly or anything like that. If they didn't want to do it where else would they even play anyway? Arena tours until Download invites them back lol

2 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

They were also a really odd booking for APE to begin, didn't match with the rest 

That was back when they did presents days - APE clearly don't care much about contingency, just look at this years mix. Aphex Twin, Stormzy and the Strokes headlined- all completely different acts

Edited by gfa

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's no way they are too big now 😂 Probably about the right size for it, it certainly wouldn't sell out instantly or anything like that. If they didn't want to do it where else would they even play anyway? Arena tours until Download invites them back lol

I mean that works for most download headliners lol