Green Man 2024

bexj

4 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They fairly evidently had issues with the Saturday headliner last year, there were rumours a band who were in Europe the following weekend were booked but decided to cut the first week off their tour. It is however interesting that End Of The Road, which for the last six or seven years has had its first announcement at or towards the end of January, hasn't even given us a date yet.

There's been an 'incoming' style announcement for EOTR. There will probably be another one late this week or early next to say "It's coming on x day', that's how they've done it historically. I reckon we'll probably know by the end of next week.

31 minutes ago, Dool said:

Just noticed Explosions in the Sky are playing this event in Bristol on Thursday 15th Aug, which frees them up to play the Fri/Sat/Sun at GM. They would be superb in the Far Out. 

Discussed a couple of pages back, but ArcTanGent and Green Man have rarely shared acts despite being the same weekend.

I think We Out Here and Green Man were on different weekends last year so definitely more potential for some cross over between the two this year. I think Sampha would be a great Far Out headliner and would also love to see Ancient Infinity Orchestra play the Mountain stage or walled garden. Floating Points for the late night slot also seems highly likely now.

The Last Dinner Party have Rock En Seine on their tour dates, although I'm not sure I'd them doing the rising stage last year rules them out of this year. I wanna say that bands on the rising stage have played a bigger slot in the subsequent year though?

Really enjoying their debut album over the weekend. 

2 hours ago, SalviaPlath said:

Deathcrash and English Teacher did rising in 2022 and played the Far Out last year. Don't think playing the rising rules anyone out of a consecutive year. 

This is true, but also Deathcrash are quite some magnitude of size away from the band that are about to have the best week's album sales of the year so far (I know it's only week six but they're already comfortably past last week's number one's figure) No festival really seems to know what to do with them in terms of scheduling but you'd have to think it'd be a decent Mountain slot, but how much do they cost now?

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

Just a hunch. So take it with a vat load of salt. But.....Daughter didn't really play much last year when their album came out.....

I can see them being on somewhere.

They said at the time they wouldn't be touring the album, apparently due to Elena's stage fright.

EOTR announcement on Wednesday, by the way - remember, the top end of the line-up is never shared with GM.

11 hours ago, retromoz said:

Just a hunch. So take it with a vat load of salt. But.....Daughter didn't really play much last year when their album came out.....

I can see them being on somewhere.

Would be a great addition for sure! Sub-Headline or Farout Headliner would be strong.

1 hour ago, SuperChunk said:

GM have replied to someone saying that the lineup release will be around "a month or so".  So sounds like 1st of March at the very earliest 😞

Eugh… give us news in the bleakness of winter please, we need it less when spring hits. 

On 2/2/2024 at 4:08 PM, OddRon said:

End of the road announcement next week, will probably give us a good idea of what headliners not to expect?

Keeping everything crossed Sampha isn't on that line-up. Decided they'd be absolutely brilliant at Green Man after reading their name a few pages back.

1 hour ago, SuperChunk said:

GM have replied to someone saying that the lineup release will be around "a month or so".  So sounds like 1st of March at the very earliest 😞

Always a hard one, with the festival selling out in more recent times the need for them to push out a lineup for sales isn't needed anymore - They'll knock it out the park though.

I’m sure this will be widely inaccurate but whatever… 

The Smile | Jessie Ware | The The | Jesus & Mary Chain 

Ezra Collective | Beth Gibbons | Gruff Rhys | Tindersticks | Osees | Alvvays | Grandaddy | The Last Dinner Party | Yard Act | Barry Can’t Swim | Cymande 

BC Camplight, Metz, Bombino, The Mary Wallopers, Lisa O’Neill, Pigs x 7, Yaya Bey, Half Moon Run, Geese, Crack Cloud, Sherelle, Fabiana Palladino, Oscar Jerome, Wednesday, Woods, caroline, Bar Italia, Blondshell, SLIFT, Bdrmm, Kara Jackson, Mokoomba, Model/Actriz, Lucinda Chua, Bitchin Bajas, Heartworms, Kneecap, Bala Desejo, Corridor, Blue Bendy, Lambrini Girls, L’Rain, Adult Jazz, Divorce, Alogte Oho and His Sounds of Joy, Chalk, Peaness, Hotline TNT, Ducks Ltd., Muirrean Bradley, Automotion, CVC, Los Wembler’s de Iquitos, Kathryn Joseph, Tapir!, Patriarchy, Orions Belte, Brighde Chaimbeul, Maruja, Ugly, Shovel Dance Collective, The Orchestra (For Now), HTRK, Ynys, Borough Council, Humour, Beachwood Sparks, Taxi Kebab, Cerys Hafana, Whitelands, YHWH Nailgun, Trout, Christian Music. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Ezra Collective | Beth Gibbons | Gruff Rhys | Tindersticks | Osees | Alvvays | Grandaddy | The Last Dinner Party | Yard Act | Barry Can’t Swim | Cymande 

BC Camplight, Metz, Bombino, The Mary Wallopers, Lisa O’Neill, Pigs x 7, Yaya Bey, Half Moon Run, Geese, Crack Cloud, Sherelle, Fabiana Palladino, Oscar Jerome, Wednesday, Woods, caroline, Bar Italia, Blondshell, SLIFT, Bdrmm, Kara Jackson, Mokoomba, Model/Actriz, Lucinda Chua, Bitchin Bajas, Heartworms, Kneecap, Bala Desejo, Corridor, Blue Bendy, Lambrini Girls, L’Rain, Adult Jazz, Divorce, Alogte Oho and His Sounds of Joy, Chalk, Peaness, Hotline TNT, Ducks Ltd., Muirrean Bradley, Automotion, CVC, Los Wembler’s de Iquitos, Kathryn Joseph, Tapir!, Patriarchy, Orions Belte, Brighde Chaimbeul, Maruja, Ugly, Shovel Dance Collective, The Orchestra (For Now), HTRK, Ynys, Borough Council, Humour, Beachwood Sparks, Taxi Kebab, Cerys Hafana, Whitelands, YHWH Nailgun, Trout, Christian Music. 

Well, this would be a total dream. I hope Blondshell and Kara Jackson announce some UK dates while they're in Europe this summer. 

54 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

If you could just add Personal Trainer and Crumb to this, that would be awesome.

1 hour ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Great work. Would love to see Alvvays and Osees, hope your crystal ball gazing there turns out to be right