Green Man 2024

bexj

15 hours ago, noisenoiseandmorenoise said:

Didn't even try for tickets. The wide availability of resale for most festivals makes getting them on day one a masochistic experience.

A fair point, unless you are trying to also get children tickets - which don't go back on-sale with the same regularity or the specific combination you might need.

4 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

A fair point, unless you are trying to also get children tickets - which don't go back on-sale with the same regularity or the specific combination you might need.

Just keep a close eye on Fanticks once the line-up is announced, create an alert to notify you when tickets pop up.

My mate bought 2 adult and 2 little folk about a month before the event. 

54 minutes ago, WillEds said:

Just keep a close eye on Fanticks once the line-up is announced, create an alert to notify you when tickets pop up.

My mate bought 2 adult and 2 little folk about a month before the event. 

I got tickets, cheers though.

Last time we needed one of under 2s after we bought ours and as they're free, they obviously never went back on for resale (who would resell a free ticket) - had to buy a kids one in the end just to take our under 1 year old. 

I managed to get a Little Folk 6-12 ticket about 2 weeks before the 2022 festival. I need two of them for next year, having missed out on Saturday. My youngest two kids are really keen to come along. Keeping the faith and I’ll be setting up alerts on both Fanticks and Twickets! 🤞

I’ve been to Greenman twice before without the baby in tow and loved it. We’ll be taking our little baby girl next year, she’ll be around 11 months old. Any tips from parents? Love the festival and looking forward to it even if it is hard to see how it’ll be possible right now 😂 

23 hours ago, rwoo said:

I’ve been to Greenman twice before without the baby in tow and loved it. We’ll be taking our little baby girl next year, she’ll be around 11 months old. Any tips from parents? Love the festival and looking forward to it even if it is hard to see how it’ll be possible right now 😂 

We took our just turned 2 year old for his first greenman. It was great… probably easier before they start walking though tbh. You can just strap them to you 😂. Keep them topped up on milk and snacks. Get them used to ear defenders beforehand. We hired a trolley, but lot of people seems to take buggies (with big chunky wheels) which I think is easier; takes up less room, easier to get around. 

• Upvote 1

FO: Jesus & Mary Chain / Working Men’s Club / Bill Ryder-Jones / TEKE:TEKE / M(h)aol
WG: Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard / Papur Wal / Ynys 

MS: THE SMILE / Broken Social Scene / Natalia Lafourcade / Bonny Light Horseman / Bombino / Silvana Estrada / Friendship
FO: Alison Goldfrapp / Kero Kero Bonito / Just Mustard / SLIFT / bdrmm / Wednesday / The Tubs / Opus Kink [**
After Dark**: Oneohtrix Point Never / Whatever The Weather]
WG: Model/Actriz / Nala Sinephro / Robert Forster / Julianna Barwick / Kara Jackson / Ratboys / Joanna Sternberg / Hannah Jadagu [**
After Dark**: Dos Monos]
R: Maruja 

MS: LITTLE SIMZ / Ezra Collective / Weyes Blood / Cymande / Steve Gunn / The Last Dinner Party / Susanne Sundfor / Star Feminine Band
FO: Yard Act / Protomartyr / Altin Gun / Ibio Sound Machine / Geese / Speedy Ortiz / Feeble Little Horses / Moin / Whitelands [**After Dark**: / Yaeji / Surgeon]
WG: The Clientele / serpentwithfeet / Marissa Nadler / Rachika Nayar / The Staples Jr Singers / Hatchie / Sarah Mary Chadwick [**After Dark**: Benefits]
R: Man/Woman/Chainsaw

MS: IDLES / Bat For Lashes / Tinariwen / Hamish Hawk / Arthur Verocai / Meg Baird / ADG7 / Billie Marten
FO: John Cale / Metz / Dan Deacon / Japandroids / Courting / Bar Italia / Snooper / O. / White Flowers / Tara Clerkin Trio [After Dark**: Forest Swords / Dar Disku]
WG: KOKOKO! / William Doyle / Jeff Parker / Linda Perhacs / Orions Belte / Corridor / Ada Lea [**After Dark**: DNSC]
R: Trout 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

FO: Jesus & Mary Chain / Working Men’s Club / Bill Ryder-Jones / TEKE:TEKE / M(h)aol
WG: Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard / Papur Wal / Ynys 

MS: THE SMILE / Broken Social Scene / Natalia Lafourcade / Bonny Light Horseman / Bombino / Silvana Estrada / Friendship
FO: Alison Goldfrapp / Kero Kero Bonito / Just Mustard / SLIFT / bdrmm / Wednesday / The Tubs / Opus Kink [**
After Dark**: Oneohtrix Point Never / Whatever The Weather]
WG: Model/Actriz / Nala Sinephro / Robert Forster / Julianna Barwick / Kara Jackson / Ratboys / Joanna Sternberg / Hannah Jadagu [**
After Dark**: Dos Monos]
R: Maruja 

MS: LITTLE SIMZ / Ezra Collective / Weyes Blood / Cymande / Steve Gunn / The Last Dinner Party / Susanne Sundfor / Star Feminine Band
FO: Yard Act / Protomartyr / Altin Gun / Ibio Sound Machine / Geese / Speedy Ortiz / Feeble Little Horses / Moin / Whitelands [**After Dark**: / Yaeji / Surgeon]
WG: The Clientele / serpentwithfeet / Marissa Nadler / Rachika Nayar / The Staples Jr Singers / Hatchie / Sarah Mary Chadwick [**After Dark**: Benefits]
R: Man/Woman/Chainsaw

MS: IDLES / Bat For Lashes / Tinariwen / Hamish Hawk / Arthur Verocai / Meg Baird / ADG7 / Billie Marten
FO: John Cale / Metz / Dan Deacon / Japandroids / Courting / Bar Italia / Snooper / O. / White Flowers / Tara Clerkin Trio [After Dark**: Forest Swords / Dar Disku]
WG: KOKOKO! / William Doyle / Jeff Parker / Linda Perhacs / Orions Belte / Corridor / Ada Lea [**After Dark**: DNSC]
R: Trout 

Some great (and not impossible) names there, that would have me beaming from ear to ear. Be interesting to see how it compares with the final line up poster! 

3 hours ago, bexj said:

I'd be happy with a lot of that...but...you missed out The Wedding Present!!

We'd have to see who pulls out first.

What that excellent prediction is missing is a couple of notable reformed bands or at least some like Les Savy Fav who don't play the UK often, though obviously we might not know who those could be yet. We should get an idea when the bulk of the European festivals start announcing in December/January (I was about to put forward the Breeders as an example but their Olivia Rodrigo (!) US arena supports are over GM weekend, although I see they're doing some US dates with Belly later this month who'd do just as well)

I'd love The Smile, didn't manage to get to any of their dates but I reckon they cost a fortune to book, do we know of any independent festivals that are a similar size to Green Man that have managed to get them to play? With the Walkmen booked this year, I'm hoping there might be potential for Interpol at some point, they headlined a smaller UK festival earlier this year and I could see them doing a great job.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 4:43 PM, AtomsForPizza said:

Would bite your hand off for that lineup. OPN would be a great booking for an after dark set. Bill R-J also a good shout seeing as he has a new album out next year and is touring. 

I misread that as OPM. As in....'heaven is a halfpipe'.....*shudder*

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tomos_ said:

Osees have announced a London show on Thursday 15th August 2024 - surely there's a big possibility they'll turn up at GM? 

Came here to post the same- being billed as ‘their only UK club show’ - got to be a shoe in for this. Have they played before?

Edited by suttttttt
  • Like 1