Favourite Glastonbury Stage

Crazyfool01

Often on here I hear people saying they don't want to spend more than one night at the Pyramid , I absolutely love the stage so personally im happy if I spend all 3 nights there , if the acts were ones I liked . Which stage is your favourite and why ? does it depend on the time of day ? or where you are stood ? I enjoyed my first Park headliner and was surprised at the amount of room in the pit compared with pyramid and did enjoy being not quite so hemmed in ... don't know if that's unusual ? do certain stages have a sweet spot for sound ... the park was amazing in the pit 

• Like 1

The Truth stage or West Holts for headliners i think - smaller and easier to get near to the front, always a good atmos there, and the music tends to be more like the kind of thing i want to see. I find the pyramid and Other both just too big, particularly during the day - its a bloody ordeal getting across the field, meeting up with people, etc etc. But then when it hits the spot, it absolutely demolishes it - Elton John and the Cure the last couple of festivals were bloody amazing spectacles as a result of being so big and massive and headlinery 

Act and time of day dependent. Woodsies is great for anyone who has an early slot and needs that dark-during-the-day party vibe (Dua 2016, Sigrid 2022, Flo this year)

I love the Park but only when it’s not busy (or I’m far enough into the crowd that I can’t tell)

Other Stage can feel too big at lunchtime sometimes (and for headliners up against someone massive on the Pyramid) but is the place to be mid-afternoon

There's no perfect stage there but I would go for West Holts and Park. 

West Holts because the lineup there aligns with my taste and the atmosphere there is usually pretty good. 

Park can be deceptive because most times people have told me they are coming into the Park and it is "rammed" or the bars are too busy to get served I've been standing with loads of space and getting served in a few minutes at the bar left of the stage as you look at it. I do think they could have a look again at how the field in general is configured though. The big tower with the flappy sides is not needed and if it must stay could be accommodated practically and thematically closer to Glastonbury on Sea. 

IICON and Lonely Hearts Club the most aesthetically pleasing but places to pop to rather than hang around for me.

West Holts

Has been for decades even when known as Jazz/Jazz-World.

Generally the best acts, although Park not far off. Always the best crowds/lowest amount of annoying persons (again Park decent).

The Glade also comes into the picture, again generally full of good folks and if you stand near the back the sound is superb.

• Upvote 1

Undoubtedly my favourite is West Holts. I had my best time ever at 3 gigs in The Park this year so that's fast coming up into 2nd place. Didn't spend much time in Avalon but it's still there for old time's sake.

And if I may add my 3 very small stage faves they'd be The Crow's Nest, Avalon Cafe & The Bimble Inn.

Least favourite The Other Stage.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

West Holts

Has been for decades even when known as Jazz/Jazz-World.

Generally the best acts, although Park not far off. Always the best crowds/lowest amount of annoying persons (again Park decent).

The Glade also comes into the picture, again generally full of good folks and if you stand near the back the sound is superb.

Shocked I tell ya … shocked … 😂

47 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Williams Green - oh wait....😀

Probably Leftfield and Avalon now WG is no more. I tend to like smaller bands/artists that can't fill a huge field like pyramid and Other. Also means you're guaranteed a good view.

Wonder if the plan is to bring it back or the sort of acts but somewhere else on site … 

2 hours ago, collectivisedfarming said:

There's no perfect stage there but I would go for West Holts and Park. 

West Holts because the lineup there aligns with my taste and the atmosphere there is usually pretty good. 

Park can be deceptive because most times people have told me they are coming into the Park and it is "rammed" or the bars are too busy to get served I've been standing with loads of space and getting served in a few minutes at the bar left of the stage as you look at it. I do think they could have a look again at how the field in general is configured though. The big tower with the flappy sides is not needed and if it must stay could be accommodated practically and thematically closer to Glastonbury on Sea. 

IICON and Lonely Hearts Club the most aesthetically pleasing but places to pop to rather than hang around for me.

The ribbon tower can go it’s as iconic for the park as the pyramid is for the festival … it’s also pretty damn amazing once up there for views ( first time up this year ) 

13 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Small World. Transported back to the early 90's 😉

Small World, Toad Hall, Mandala, and Croissant Neuf are all excellent. I always promise myself to spend more time over that side but seem to not manage it. 

Another for West Holts I always find it a great atmosphere there and when the big headlines are on the crowd that gather at these smaller stages are generally folk who want to be there rather than ticking boxes.

Young Fathers and Kelis were brilliant this year.

11 hours ago, Derby_Dave said:

Another for West Holts I always find it a great atmosphere there and when the big headlines are on the crowd that gather at these smaller stages are generally folk who want to be there rather than ticking boxes.

Young Fathers and Kelis were brilliant this year.

Such a good pairing of acts, i think it was at the same time as some really in-demand stuff on the Other and Pyramid so everyone at WH really wanted to be there specifically, and it was just a great positive feeling in the field. Marvellous scenes 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Don't really do Favorites as I love them all equally. Can you tell I'm a Dad.

Think they all have their time and moments. All about the programming of the stage.

Now finishes my wet reply

I mean that's what you tell the stages when they ask, but which one is really?

They've probably figured it out anyway. They can always tell.

• Like 2