Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

8 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Just got an email saying registrations must be confirmed by 30th September and any new registrations by 2nd October.  I'm guessing first week in November for the sale dates.

So new regs have to be done by 2nd Oct?

If so and it takes them 48 hours to process them that means early Oct sales is back in the hunt.

or not.

or it will be mid October

14 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Just got an email saying registrations must be confirmed by 30th September and any new registrations by 2nd October.  I'm guessing first week in November for the sale dates.

If they're closing registrations 2nd October, that would seem to be an unusually long gap until any November dates. Have to assume that if that date holds, then it's a sale in October.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

If they're closing registrations 2nd October, that would seem to be an unusually long gap until any November dates. Have to assume that if that date holds, then it's a sale in October.

Please don’t give me that kind of hope when I’d assumed oct was out 😀

1 hour ago, The Kirbarge said:

Do you think that they will go with the way they did the resale with no payment page?

If this is the case the tickets will be gone in minutes.

The resale would have been used as a trial. Reckon it was successful in that the tickets went quickly. Whether they will have taken on board that it could be open to abuse with folk using social media, colleagues at work etc to get help securing tickets we don’t know.  Certainly the anecdotal stories about folk offering cash for help isn’t a good look for the festival. 

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The resale would have been used as a trial. Reckon it was successful in that the tickets went quickly. Whether they will have taken on board that it could be open to abuse with folk using social media, colleagues at work etc to get help securing tickets we don’t know.  Certainly the anecdotal stories about folk offering cash for help isn’t a good look for the festival. 

Also, it could cause unnecessary extra admin due to people not paying the deposit money within the alloted time so what do they do with those tickets, save them for the resale next year?

4 hours ago, The Kirbarge said:

Also, it could cause unnecessary extra admin due to people not paying the deposit money within the alloted time so what do they do with those tickets, save them for the resale next year?

Yes, probably just back into the pot for the resale. Just as long as they don’t add them to even more hospitality! 

4 hours ago, The Kirbarge said:

Won’t be many if any … payment was within 24 hours wasn’t it ? So pretty much no one will change mind ? 

Anxiety is at manageable levels at the moment... 

However we are going go try for coach tickets first this year and I have a couple of questions if people can help?

1. How many can we book for? I swear it uses to be 4 but some saying it's 6? 

2. Do you get any choice of times for the coach or is it just pot luck what they give you? 

26 minutes ago, Havors said:

However we are going go try for coach tickets first this year and I have a couple of questions if people can help?

2. Do you get any choice of times for the coach or is it just pot luck what they give you? 

1. Its 4

2. You just get the option of a day and location, not a time. 

Edit- not a time for 99% of locations. I do remember there being times from London but not sure if thats the case now.

Edited by The Nal
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Havors said:

1- It's 6 in the first sales

2- Times only for Bristol and London. But you choose the day.

(the above was last year of course, could always change)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Anecdotal evidence of earlier bookings getting earlier coaches and earlier returns unless you get single tickets which will be fixed times from that location 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Anecdotal evidence of earlier bookings getting earlier coaches and earlier returns unless you get single tickets which will be fixed times from that location 

That's a good point actually wonder if it's accurate.

I don't suppose anyone knows the times from last year for various places? 

I.e. times for Taunton, Bath etc 

Must be a sheet knocking around with times on from previous years? 

17 minutes ago, Havors said:

That's a good point actually wonder if it's accurate.

I don't suppose anyone knows the times from last year for various places? 

I.e. times for Taunton, Bath etc 

Must be a sheet knocking around with times on from previous years? 

Taunton was definately 6am and a single at 9.15 but not sure on the rest

edit found a thread with info 

Edited by Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Taunton was definately 6am and a single at 9.15 but not sure on the rest

edit found a thread with info 

Is there a chance you can end up with a Thursday coach even if you select Wednesday? 

And are the return coaches as early as the departure? I'm still trying to find the most complete list haha 

Just now, Havors said:

Is there a chance you can end up with a Thursday coach even if you select Wednesday? 

And are the return coaches as early as the departure? I'm still trying to find the most complete list haha 

no chance at all  .... the returns can be very early I saw 4 am listed in that thread but not sure what applies to the 2 places you mentioned earlier