Scissor Sisters

O'Doyle Rules

19 years ago we went to see them in a smallish venue in Bristol..  That turned out to be their breakthrough year. 

There were quite a few of us and we were having a big night then going back to a flat for a party.  Their drummer was invited and bless him he came along too.  He left the band but not for a few more years so hopefully not entirely our fault. 

6 hours ago, clarkete said:

19 years ago we went to see them in a smallish venue in Bristol..  That turned out to be their breakthrough year. 

There were quite a few of us and we were having a big night then going back to a flat for a party.  Their drummer was invited and bless him he came along too.  He left the band but not for a few more years so hopefully not entirely our fault. 

heard that story before, from Gareth who was also there.

11 hours ago, Drinky said:

As I put in the stage predictions thread, there are a lot of big albums hitting their 20th anniversary next year, including Scissor Sisters, so prime time for them to get back together and be on the bill somewhere

Was just thinking that tbf. Can imagine the members have had a fair few people in their ear suggesting a 20 years since the first album tour.

First album is excellent, and I did like Night Work, so, I'd be for it.

19 hours ago, clarkete said:

Probably G's fault.

• Like 1

Wickerman somehow managed to book them to headline in 2012. Absolute scenes. One of my favourite headline sets anywhere.

Just checked back and Wickerman also booked Chic to sub Amy MacDonald in 2013.

We had seen Chic on West Holts that year and couldn’t believe they weren’t headlining. Those were the days before Nile would play the opening of a shopping centre.

They got less than an hour so fortunately he kept the chat to a minimum and got on with nailing it.

Let the petition begin 😄

Maybe questionable if they’re legends - but they have at least 6/7 big songs from the 00s which would keep the pyramid entertained, and have a good history with the festival. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re up there (if they reform).

Edited by O'Doyle Rules