What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

Practiced getting my wellies on and off and getting up and down from floor using a little fold up stool which can double as a mini tent table. Feel confident I can manage with tent now. 
Also got pair of walking poles to help hips. 

5 minutes ago, sedra said:

Practiced getting my wellies on and off and getting up and down from floor using a little fold up stool which can double as a mini tent table. Feel confident I can manage with tent now. 
Also got pair of walking poles to help hips. 

have you got a wellie remover - genius piece of kit and make life so much easier 🙂

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

have you got a wellie remover - genius piece of kit and make life so much easier 🙂

Yes - it’s great - can’t manage without it these days! 

• Upvote 1

I'm now in position of my bodged together fancy duvalay set. Tomorrow we will be purchasing camping chairs, maybe a camping table and a 12v fridgeybox. We are taking our campervan to Cornwall next week for a Glastonbury test run, husband and kids are calling it a holiday but we all know it's just Glastonbury practice. 

Just ordered 48 cans of MOTH cocktails (with 15% off) ..... last year I bought 24 with me and it really helped drinking these instead of lager/cider constantly....less trips to the toilet(I've got a terrible bladder)  and much less money spent at bars...so gone for a heavier initial outlay to bring in with me then will take them round with me on site.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Just ordered 48 cans of MOTH cocktails (with 15% off) ..... last year I bought 24 with me and it really helped drinking these instead of lager/cider constantly....less trips to the toilet(I've got a terrible bladder)  and much less money spent at bars...so gone for a heavier initial outlay to bring in with me then will take them round with me on site.

If you’re ordering them again presumably you liked them, but are they not super sweet? I find all the supermarket type ones a bit much. I do like the idea of carrying around some espresso martinis though so tempted to give them a try.

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

If you’re ordering them again presumably you liked them, but are they not super sweet? I find all the supermarket type ones a bit much. I do like the idea of carrying around some espresso martinis though so tempted to give them a try.

Yes they are sweet, but with a bit of ice I find that it dilutes it just enough to make the drink pleasurable....(I can now get ice from the onsite co-op and I've been recommended a flask container that will keep the ice good for at least 12 hours)

sitting in the campsite drinking can after can of lager then the inevitable trips to the toilet every 20 mins after you've broken the seal has just got too much for me now...I have a terrible bladder as it is!

If I get sick of them then I'll just take the remainder home with me! 🙂 

Not sure if this counts as prep but I destroyed the wheel arch of my car off the corner of a concrete wall last night. Have to prepare to fork out for that repair before Glasto now 😭

I think my ego took the biggest hit though…

Edited by TheDayman

Excellent work on the rum front. Its good neat, its nice with coke, elderflower presse, rhubarb lemonade, coconut milk, ordinary milk, in your coffee or tea, anywhere really. Drink more rum! 

(golden or dark rum this is, i'm not advocating clear rum cos that stuff is not the same amount of fun at all) 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Waterproofed my tent … an annual ritual to appease the weather gods at my parents . Dog wasn’t quite so keen on me extolling the benefits of fresh and black though and just wanted to leg it and lie in the shade 

Edited by Crazyfool01

Spent the day in town shopping for new walking boots having had my current ones start leaking water while out walking the dog on Friday night.

Now got the "fun" of breaking in a new set before Glasto.

29 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Spent the day in town shopping for new walking boots having had my current ones start leaking water while out walking the dog on Friday night.

Now got the "fun" of breaking in a new set before Glasto.

what did you decide on - need to buy a new pair myself 😞 Not looking forward to breaking them in..

1 hour ago, Glastonbury101 said:

what did you decide on - need to buy a new pair myself 😞 Not looking forward to breaking them in..

Gone for some textile based ones this time out - thinking they will be a little easier to break in than leather, plus they are a hell of a lot lighter on the feet.

Scarpa Rush Trek GTX. We do a fair bit of walking beyond Glasto, so wanted something half decent.

Got everything out the loft, got trolley out of rat infested shed ( and disinfected it!); cleaned the camping chair. Will be doing Shindig next week with Oxfam ( as well as Glastonbury) so get to try everything out managing on my own. 😀As usual have too much stuff 🙄

On 5/17/2024 at 2:18 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ludicrous, purchased-on-a-whim rave clobber has arrived.

Hope it survives the weekend, unlike the headache enducing Hot Space top I lost during Reg.

any chance of a sneak peek?

On 5/20/2024 at 12:34 AM, sedra said:

Got everything out the loft, got trolley out of rat infested shed ( and disinfected it!); cleaned the camping chair. Will be doing Shindig next week with Oxfam ( as well as Glastonbury) so get to try everything out managing on my own. 😀As usual have too much stuff 🙄

I'm also doing Shindig with Oxfam, so getting a full practice run in.  Got stuff all over the floor at the moment.  Need to get home from work to get the packing done tonight.  Just seen it is a "no booze in arena" festival - campsite only.