What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

35 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

Just seen it is a "no booze in arena" festival - campsite only.

Really! Very “un Shindig”. Don’t remember there being an arena as such 

Edited by Skip997

7 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

I'm also doing Shindig with Oxfam, so getting a full practice run in.  Got stuff all over the floor at the moment.  Need to get home from work to get the packing done tonight.  Just seen it is a "no booze in arena" festival - campsite only.

Apparently you can take 1 open  can into the arena. Also says no alcohol on re-entry so you can’t leave some in the car either! Weather looks like it’s improving but thundery showers tomorrow afternoon in time for arrival 🙄See you in the field! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2024 at 10:32 PM, Traci said:

Taking my cousin to her first ever Glastonbury (first ever festival too) to celebrate her big birthday and just wanted to share her cake 🥳 

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5045.jpeg

IMG_5044.jpeg

This is amazing!!

38 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Panicking that my current work commitments are out of control and I don't have time to go into my Glasto Hyperfixation mode! 🤪 how am I going to be ready?!?! 

Yep feeling that myself. We're gearing up to start a big project which has been delayed for months because of procrastination by the f**kwits that call themselves the senior leadership at our place. Looks like it's going to land along with an unrealistic unachievable deadline any day now.

45 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Panicking that my current work commitments are out of control and I don't have time to go into my Glasto Hyperfixation mode! 🤪 how am I going to be ready?!?! 

Focus woman!! Get a hold of yourself. Look in the mirror and ask yourself what’s important. Work, or wasting away the hours on a Glastonbury chat forum. 

Easy answer surely. 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Yep feeling that myself. We're gearing up to start a big project which has been delayed for months because of procrastination by the f**kwits that call themselves the senior leadership at our place. Looks like it's going to land along with an unrealistic unachievable deadline any day now.

1520142020830.jpeg.b4d324b8cdf51fbb81d40a0438ed790f.jpeg

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Focus woman!! Get a hold of yourself. Look in the mirror and ask yourself what’s important. Work, or wasting away the hours on a Glastonbury chat forum. 

Easy answer surely. 

I'll be right behind with bows and whistles soon boss!!! Just gotta hang on in there for 3 more weeks 😬🤪

• Upvote 1

Well i hope i got the bad luck out of the way. 

on tuesday I crashed an electric bicycle and hurt my ribs pretty bad.  

on wednesday I was also starting to cough a bit, which, terrible combination I don't recommend it. 

thankfully, ribs weren't broken but I bruised them pretty badly.  any harder and I would have fractured them, the doctor said.  my whole torso is black and blue.  To top it off, that cough turned into covid.  Today was day 5 so I'm hoping to test negative tomorrow as I am feeling much much better. 

For a moment there I didnt know how I was going to manage carrying my pack on site, and kinda spiraled about how I had maybe ruined the trip. Sleeping has been awful.  On the mend now though, and really looking forward to being on site more than ever.  

7 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Well i hope i got the bad luck out of the way. 

on tuesday I crashed an electric bicycle and hurt my ribs pretty bad.  

on wednesday I was also starting to cough a bit, which, terrible combination I don't recommend it. 

thankfully, ribs weren't broken but I bruised them pretty badly.  any harder and I would have fractured them, the doctor said.  my whole torso is black and blue.  To top it off, that cough turned into covid.  Today was day 5 so I'm hoping to test negative tomorrow as I am feeling much much better. 

For a moment there I didnt know how I was going to manage carrying my pack on site, and kinda spiraled about how I had maybe ruined the trip. Sleeping has been awful.  On the mend now though, and really looking forward to being on site more than ever.  

Nah ... COVID? It's not real mate 😭 

yesterday we had our local little festival - its a fantastic little event, stage and bar are cobbled together out of old pallets and gazebos.

local bands playing, and fellas from the pub with guitars... that kind of vibe.

and it pissed it down all day!

as I stood under a gazebo, with pint in hand listening to that familiar sound of rain on canvas - I couldn't help but think I'll be hearing that a lot in four weeks time!!!

obviously I hope the sun shines - but as I've previously said on here, I moaned so much about the heat the last two festivals I think we are all but guaranteed a wet one!

(yesterday was still an awesome little event tho).

Got the bike chariot thing we bought for my little one out of the garage. Amazed how clean it was after doing one Glastonbury, never getting cleaned and then being in the garage for 2 years. Then pitched the tent and gave it a bit of a clean and an air. 

Just got back from Bearded Theory which is always a practice run for Glasto.  Despite the mud we had a wonderful time.  Knackered though!

Added Clashfinder to my packing list as I forgot it (despite printing it out) for the second time.

Had poncho envy so have put one in my Amazon shopping basket.  I will decide whether to buy it or not after more thinking about it.  I have a very adequate waterproof red cagoule but it's not a swirly poncho!

My Barrister has finally obtained the agreement for my kids not to be blocked from leaving the country - not something I'd ever thought would be on my Glastonbury checklist!

I can finally really start planning - only 8 days until our flights 🙂