Fred again?? Next year?

Claire0406

10 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Can see him taking a year off to build up hype for 2025 when he headlines other

Yeah that’s fair I think he’ll be there as a punter 100% or show up at some sets, four tet is there every year. In a way I wouldn’t want him to be everywhere and become stale 

Whats wrong with letting artists go do other things and take their time? After one performance they instatly have to come back and do x,y or z. I hope fred just goes into hibernation for a couple years.

Would like a lineup one year that has zero repeats.

Edited by Suprefan

I love Fred and Fred's music, and he has great crowd connection BUT Iwonder whether he will soon (next year or so) run out of steam. There's a lot of manufactured scarcity and mystique around what he does and I just don't know how sustainable that is. I say this as someone who thinks he played the gig of the festival this year, perfect setting for his basic staging to have the sunset slot, and a crowd who were just up for it. If he does come back next year, it will be hard to top this year's performance. 

I'll be very happy if I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

Won’t be back next year, but he’s a weird one to predict where he’ll end up next. Other headliner makes sense, although he may feel like he’s above that in a couple of years. Pyramid sub just doesn’t seem right for an act like him, and likewise headliner. And as said above, this momentum can’t last forever, so at some point he’ll have to stall and will become just another big name electronic act.

Will go with Other headliner in ‘25 if the hype train isn’t already over with by that point - seems the logical next step and possible end point to his Glastonbury rise. 

2 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Will headline other in two years.

I do love seeing artists be as overwhelmed as I would be if I was playing 😄

Yes I think you’re right. 2025.

But I do think he’ll be on farm again next year and do something like his Temple TBA again. 

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yes I think you’re right. 2025.

But I do think he’ll be on farm again next year and do something like his Temple TBA again. 

Yeah me too, he clearly has a big love for Glasto and generally acts that genuinely love the place are always there whether that’s secret acts, appearances or just as a punter, so I’m sure he’ll be about especially as Four Tet seems to perform every year 

12 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Watched some of his set today and just cannot understand the hype, some of the worst dance music and bad stagecraft.

He is bobbins. 

Yep. That's what i thought when I saw him. Basically a bloke playing a casio keyboard over samples in his bedroom. Like Owl City. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Watched some of his set today and just cannot understand the hype, some of the worst dance music and bad stagecraft.

He is bobbins. 

16 hours ago, Nestacres said:

Yep. That's what i thought when I saw him. Basically a bloke playing a casio keyboard over samples in his bedroom. Like Owl City. 

Emperors New clothes syndrome

There's a lot of it about

• Upvote 2

Just now, Skip997 said:

Emperors New clothes syndrome

There's a lot of it about

That could be said of a lot of music, very little is new and innovative these days. 

He’s not exactly changing the game, but he gets people dancing with a smile on their face. 

That’ll do for me. 

• Upvote 1

Here's why I think next year could happen.

- He loves Glastonbury and said it was his dream gig. This surely means when they ask him back he'll at least feel tempted 

- He releases roughly an album a year so he'll probably have some new material by next June

- He drew one of the largest crowds of the weekend and was a highlight for many

• Upvote 1