Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, Neil said:

unlike madge cher is happy to use auto-tune to save our ears.

Genuinely, I think I'd rather stand through 90 minutes of an artist making an attempt to sing than with autotune assistance. Quite possibly the worst technological "advancement" to happen to music in the past 25 years.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Genuinely, I think I'd rather stand through 90 minutes of an artist making an attempt to sing than with autotune assistance. Quite possibly the worst technological "advancement" to happen to music in the past 25 years.

Absolutely, and with all the other fake stuff (ABBA Voyage - I know it’s supposed to be fantastic but I’m not interested) it’s a depressing future. Maybe every artist will be AI in the near future. Perfect in every way but soulless.

33 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Re: Sting

His recent tour 'My Songs' is a feast of hits, including loads of Police songs. https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/sting-33d6a045.html?tour=4bd06bce

He may not be your thing but there is no doubt this set would go down well on a Sunday afternoon.

I'd be there. 

You're not wrong, decent that.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

His recent tour 'My Songs' is a feast of hits, including loads of Police songs. https://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/sting-33d6a045.html?tour=4bd06bce

He may not be your thing but there is no doubt this set would go down well on a Sunday afternoon.

I'd be there. 

So would I. Love the likes of Desert Rose & Fragile.

Is Peter Gabriel still touring? Saw an ad for his new album the other day and wondered if that means he'd be in the conversation for legend. 

Feel like it's normally the case that there's something the Legend is hoping to promote, even if it's just another greatest hits compliation. 

1 hour ago, mouserat said:

Is Peter Gabriel still touring? Saw an ad for his new album the other day and wondered if that means he'd be in the conversation for legend. 

Feel like it's normally the case that there's something the Legend is hoping to promote, even if it's just another greatest hits compliation. 

How about Peter Gabriel AND Sting? They’ve toured together before.

On 10/19/2023 at 9:47 AM, danbailey80 said:

I'd be there. 

That is a pretty good setlist tbf... (never really considered him before)

My friend would have to sit in her CV with headphones on until it was all finished though... Musical artichoke and all that!

2 hours ago, mouserat said:

He very much is, and getting good reviews too. Though I expect he'd like to lean heavily on the new material rather than the hits which would send the camping chairs to sleep.

Honestly wouldn't know where else to put him though. Doesn't seem quite big enough to headline but maybe too big for any other slot?

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

He very much is, and getting good reviews too. Though I expect he'd like to lean heavily on the new material rather than the hits which would send the camping chairs to sleep.

Honestly wouldn't know where else to put him though. Doesn't seem quite big enough to headline but maybe too big for any other slot?

Hey... nothing sweeter than a cider induced short nap in the Sunday afternoon sunshine..!

On 10/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

How about Peter Gabriel AND Sting? They’ve toured together before.

That was a one off tour.

but Peter Gabriel in some form (west holts headliner? But too big maybe) is not a bad shout 

Sting did a joint tour with Paul Simon which was amazing too

On 10/21/2023 at 12:08 PM, maelzoid said:

Yeah I can’t place him either. After legend slot at Pyramid? Bit too big for headlining West Holts. Only stages he would fit.