How much would you pay for a ticket?

O'Doyle Rules

I do wonder with all these hospitality tickets I discovered this year how much the general punter is willing to pay for a ticket.

As much as it is expensive, I do think around the £350 mark is a relative bargain for what you get and the rules of the festival allowing you to save (alcohol, own food).

What would you be willing to pay? 

I do wonder if the cost of living crisis will bite this year - there will be many more people with increased mortgages this ticket sale compared to a year ago. But maybe holidays are more affected than Glastonbury.

Only takes one look at how much it costs to see one gig at the O2 to realise how much of a bargain it is. 

It'd sell out in the same time if it was £500 a ticket, it would just quickly start to become unaffordable for increasing numbers of honest fans which would be a shame.

Honestly, up to around £500/600 I could personally still see the value being there. When you factor in the amount of acts you see, especially the headliners who’s own gigs would be £100+ a pop, and just the general great time I have there year on year, £500 isn’t much at all. I hope it doesn’t go to that amount any time soon of course, but I’d happily pay it, and if I’m being honest, probably more….

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Honestly, up to around £500/600 I could personally still see the value being there. When you factor in the amount of acts you see, especially the headliners who’s own gigs would be £100+ a pop, and just the general great time I have there year on year, £500 isn’t much at all. I hope it doesn’t go to that amount any time soon of course, but I’d happily pay it, and if I’m being honest, probably more….

£500?? Are you taking the piss? Its already between £600 - £1000 for the weekend when you include travel and food/drink stuff

1 minute ago, Nestacres said:

£500?? Are you taking the piss? Its already between £600 - £1000 for the weekend when you include travel and food/drink stuff

Yes, and? I’m sure I’m not alone in this but I very much consider Glastonbury a big holiday for myself, and I’d easily end up spending that amount on hotels and flights etc if I were to go abroad. Fair enough if you don’t look at it that way, but considering the price to be spun in generally seems to be about £500 from what I’ve heard, clearly others think the same. 

I watched 30 bands which works out at £11.66 a band..... bargain and that's not including artists where I only saw a few songs like royal blood, lizzio , big moon , showhawk dua etc etc but but I think £500 would be my limit .

Difficult to say, in this day and age people’s financial situation changes year to year. If someone had called me last Monday and offered me a ticket for £900 I would’ve paid it as I’ve got nothing else planned for this year, the weather was class and I knew loads of people going. 

Edited by jonnyisRFC

How much were the twixers charging to bunk People in this year? 

And how much would people pay for one on resales sites..

Somewhere between that would be the max price most people would play..

Myself - it's getting pretty close to what I can justify, if tickets for 2024 are <= £375 Inc fees then I'll be ok.

I’ve seen campsites in Cornwall charging £70 a night for a grass pitch so £350 for 5 nights camping plus entertainment doesn’t seem that bad in the scheme of things.

Having said that it would be £350 per person, plus parking so it’s maybe not a fair comparison. If next year is £375 that will probably cement it in as a middle class weekend, expect more champagne bars and glamping options to start popping up. 

2 hours ago, Penrhos said:

How much were the twixers charging to bunk People in this year? 

And how much would people pay for one on resales sites..

Somewhere between that would be the max price most people would play..

Myself - it's getting pretty close to what I can justify, if tickets for 2024 are <= £375 Inc fees then I'll be ok.

I know some who paid £250 to be spun in Saturday morning.   £500-600 Thursday 

They need to not go mental with the ticket prices. Or it’ll be full of people who are either loaded or knew someone at the BBC and got a ticket. 

I’d pay more.  But my wallet isn’t infinite. The beauty of The Farm is the mix of people who go and you meet. 

So long May only modest ticket price rises last. 

9 minutes ago, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

If it was offered, what would the take up be on say, a £500 or £1000 up front payment, to guarantee getting a ticket for next ten years paying the regular price each year?

£50-100 a year for guaranteed tickets? Probably spend more than that on cheese/choc/cider to win tickets when you fail in the sale 😂

7 hours ago, Tom White said:

They need to not go mental with the ticket prices. Or it’ll be full of people who are either loaded or knew someone at the BBC and got a ticket. 

I’d pay more.  But my wallet isn’t infinite. The beauty of The Farm is the mix of people who go and you meet. 

So long May only modest ticket price rises last. 

You know Emily said when  the ticket prices came out and spoke about it that it shouldve gone up £100 this year and they did all they could to keep the price hike from spiking. Its literally about keeping the lights on and nothing else with the cost. Theyre fortunate the artists settle on receiving pennies to perform.  I said it a couple years ago its getting to £400 real soon and boy is it coming fast.

And to everyone getting upset about glasto getting beyond peoples reach and turning into some elitist snob get together well do I have a story for you. Strangely all of us "rich" and snobby people can afford whats below and thats not counting the ones who stay in a hotel at inflated prices cause they can do that. And the fest STILL sold almost 250,000 tickets in total for both weekends of that little desert get together. Plus its mainly full of young people and not full fledged adults with higher/stable incomes like you lot. Welcome to the new festival reality, we're glad to have ya.  

IMG_5510.jpeg

£350 is good value, £400 is good value and difference if it went to that this year or next isn’t even the cost of a night out down the pub (and an amount you easily save by being able to bring your own booze) yet some people say they wouldn’t pay it. Realistically compared to everything else available they should probably be at least £500 now, if not more. I’d probably pay £700 now and think it was still cheap, but thankfully it’s currently a bargain and barring a disaster looks set to remain one for the foreseeable.

25 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You know Emily said when  the ticket prices came out and spoke about it that it shouldve gone up £100 this year and they did all they could to keep the price hike from spiking. Its literally about keeping the lights on and nothing else with the cost. Theyre fortunate the artists settle on receiving pennies to perform.  I said it a couple years ago its getting to £400 real soon and boy is it coming fast.

And to everyone getting upset about glasto getting beyond peoples reach and turning into some elitist snob get together well do I have a story for you. Strangely all of us "rich" and snobby people can afford whats below and thats not counting the ones who stay in a hotel at inflated prices cause they can do that. And the fest STILL sold almost 250,000 tickets in total for both weekends of that little desert get together. Plus its mainly full of young people and not full fledged adults with higher/stable incomes like you lot. Welcome to the new festival reality, we're glad to have ya.  

IMG_5510.jpeg

Sorry pal, this is the how much would you pay for Glastonbury thread. Try the Coachella board for this.

But in case you’re wondering how much I’d pay for a Coachella ticket, it starts with a 0 and ends in a 0.

• Upvote 2

£500, if I could. The car park ticket is much more of a rip off than the actual entry fee. 

The demographics of the place will suffer a(nother) turn for the worse when the price gets to over £400 which is sad but unavoidable without some sort of discount scheme where the toffs subsidise tickets for the underpaid. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy