Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

11 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Might need to sit down for this one 

James self confirming in Manchester this eve thanks @Funkyfairy!for the nod 

confirming on own fb page 

In my top 3 of worst things I’ve seen on the Farm, no one wants a new one where you don’t know the lyrics and have to read it off a piece of paper, play the hits (my mood was probably not helped by Brexit, a hangover and the mud)

14 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

Fantastic news! They were wasted in that morning slot on the Other stage, will be great to see them in an evening setting. 

I;'m hoping for a Woodsies headline slot - and are we thinking full on James or orchestra - I think their last two orchestra performances have already been announced for this year. 

A later slot anywhere would be great 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I;'m hoping for a Woodsies headline slot - and are we thinking full on James or orchestra - I think their last two orchestra performances have already been announced for this year. 

A later slot anywhere would be great 

I would be very very surprised if it's with an orchestra, just because of set up times etc, might be wrong though.

Either way, they'll be superb if they are on 3rd from last or later on any of the main stages. 

Great news! 🙂

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Unless they open the Mid with an orchestra 

I think this is the only option if doing orchestra. I'd be surprised though. It's a lot of free tickets for all the orchestra members and work crew required. Not really worth it for a medium size act. 

I'll be there whatever they do. They certainly are due a decent slot after being fobbed off with that awful opening Friday Other morning slot. 

Woodies would be fantastic. Headlining. Suede 2015 style slot.

Edited by danbailey80

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

In my top 3 of worst things I’ve seen on the Farm, no one wants a new one where you don’t know the lyrics and have to read it off a piece of paper, play the hits (my mood was probably not helped by Brexit, a hangover and the mud)

It wasn't great and I'm a big fan. The whole pacing of the setlist was all wrong. Far too many weak newer album tracks which frankly don't come close to their hits. 

Stood in mud hungover in the drizzle digesting Brexit up against the metal fences watching excavators dumping sawdust while Michael tells us to be patient for 45 mins over the PA before Tim Booth comes out and opens with the single off their new album

Hell

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Stood in mud hungover in the drizzle digesting Brexit up against the metal fences watching excavators dumping sawdust while Michael tells us to be patient for 45 mins over the PA before Tim Booth comes out and opens with the single off their new album

Hell

Yep.  Awful morning.  Saw them at Kendal in 2018 and they were - if anything - even worse.  Opened with unknown new stuff then did a lullaby version of Sit Down with Tim Booth acting very creepy towards some young female audience members at the front.  Field emptied.

Will definitely be swerving this one.