The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

On 3/28/2024 at 9:22 PM, kemosabe said:

Am I correct in thinking it's pissed it down every year Coldplay have played? 

They headlined during the swamps that were 2005, 2011 and 2016. 

It stopped raining after they played in 2011, Sunday was great weather. 

They did headline in 2002 but they were a late replacement so the weather gods didn’t have time to prepare the ground for them. 

• Like 1

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

They did headline in 2002 but they were a late replacement so the weather gods didn’t have time to prepare the ground for them. 

To be fair, it stopped raining well before they played in 2011. It stopped at some point overnight on Friday into Saturday - both Sat and Sun were great, and it was even just about safe to switch back to trainers by the time the Saturday headliner rolled around.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I seem to recall that the weather started to improve saturday morning, Friday night was a catastrof**k of rain but by mid afternoon the ground was solid and dry.

50 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I also think it pissed down when they did the live at worthy farm tv event during covid. 

So here we have it, the area around Pilton had more than twice the average amount of rainfall in March. A very wet month.  
2024:
IMG_4303.thumb.jpeg.1da5276c2b9bb0bb41961cbe28aecb80.jpeg

But let’s not forget that 2023 was just as wet, if not more so.  Not the time to start panicking.  Just yet…

2023:

IMG_4304.thumb.jpeg.f6db2b054156f521c9fb755acc3b377e.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

So here we have it, the area around Pilton had more than twice the average amount of rainfall in March. A very wet month.  
2024:
IMG_4303.thumb.jpeg.1da5276c2b9bb0bb41961cbe28aecb80.jpeg

But let’s not forget that 2023 was just as wet, if not more so.  Not the time to start panicking.  Just yet…

2023:

IMG_4304.thumb.jpeg.f6db2b054156f521c9fb755acc3b377e.jpeg

As long as we get a few good weeks we'll be fine especially when temperatures start to improve but I've never wanted weather to improve so much I am seriously sick of walking in mud and rain just at home let alone on the farm. It feels like the last seriously good weeks weather we had was last years Glastonbury.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

They must run out of rain soon!! 😆 It's a quagmire around my local walk, and the bottom of our garden has been consistently under water for 6 months. Still, the frogs are enjoying it.

Can we have a picture of your pond?  Will cheer me up about my dead lawn 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

As long as we get a few good weeks we'll be fine especially when temperatures start to improve but I've never wanted weather to improve so much I am seriously sick of walking in mud and rain just at home let alone on the farm. It feels like the last seriously good weeks weather we had was last years Glastonbury.

Not sure the rain is going to stop feels like it's been constant for a year 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Neil said:

Not sure the rain is going to stop feels like it's been constant for a year 

Wettest 18 months on record.  No idea why they chose 18 months mind. Plus that is whole of uk

But things will change.

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Wettest 18 months on record.  No idea why they chose 18 months mind. Plus that is whole of uk

But things will change.

It genuinely feels like we haven't had more than a few days of dry weather at a time since the scorcher that was Glastonbury last year. Maybe I just notice it more because I have been out walking more.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It genuinely feels like we haven't had more than a few days of dry weather at a time since the scorcher that was Glastonbury last year. Maybe I just notice it more because I have been out walking more.

Yea certainly feels that,  my Gardening is way behind where it normally is.

20 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

But things will change.

I reckon that applies to pilton Cos it's been raining constantly in bristol. i just realised that I didn't get to my favourite pub garden last year cos the weather was rough on weekends. [The pub is run by the same company ,(event bars) who run some of the Glastonbury bars (ridge and furrow& West holts crew bar). They have better beers in their pubs.]

Edited by Neil

21 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Happy to oblige. If anyone has home for 5 million tadpoles please let me know...

IMG_8323.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg

One of the paths near where I walk is covered in frogs at the moment. In the dark I have to be very careful not to squish any.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Wonder how @deebeedoobee's astronaut, ram jam jar, well, pyramid stage etc are holding up with all this rain.

All is calm. We don't hold with this science stuff really. All guessery and computer posturing. It rains, it doesnt rain, all the same really. Wait until the start of June and we will see what really is happening. There will be weather whatever we do. 

Keep the faith.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

All is calm. We don't hold with this science stuff really. All guessery and computer posturing. It rains, it doesnt rain, all the same really. Wait until the start of June and we will see what really is happening. There will be weather whatever we do. 

Keep the faith.

Yes way too early for panic stations and if anything, every day it rains means we must surely be due some dry days.

10 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Keep the faith.

Don't need to wait till June to know that the ground at worthy farm is already saturated.

Will start to dry quickly if we get a dry spell as growing plants and trees will suck the moisture up.

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

One of the paths near where I walk is covered in frogs at the moment. In the dark I have to be very careful not to squish any.

Could always find a French restaurant to sell them to.

26 minutes ago, Neil said:

Could always find a French restaurant to sell them to.

Aw no I've been vegetarian since I was 12 years old. I do my best not to harm them and feel sad when I see the ones that have not managed to avoid the cars.

21 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Aw no I've been vegetarian since I was 12 years old. I do my best not to harm them and feel sad when I see the ones that have not managed to avoid the cars.

wandering the farm without  anyone around we managed to find a squashed frog .... the worlds unluckiest frog 😞