Elton bloody John 🚀

William Mann

Was absolutely brilliant. I was about two thirds back in the pit. but there was a very annoying group of about 8 behind us that chatted quite consistently and were just shouting/taking pics for the last hour. Was really hard to not focus on them unfortunately. But not just for that reason, I think Macca last year topped this.

1 hour ago, Henrik said:

Being stood at the back is not even a comparable experience to being down in the action. I was having this debate with my group all weekend. If you're right at the back for an act, you are barely even there. 

We were right near the back, having no choice after arriving with our kids only 30 minutes before it started, and the sound was actually surprisingly good. The view is also incredible from the back of a packed Pyramid stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Henrik said:

Being stood at the back is not even a comparable experience to being down in the action. I was having this debate with my group all weekend. If you're right at the back for an act, you are barely even there. 

I think it depends mainly on the vibe of the crowd and to a degree the act. I've done both and had good and bad experiences with either. 

Our group opted for back of the field and it was absolutely epic! The fact that we were surrounded by enthusiastic Elton fans had a lot to do with it. Nothing worse that being the only people dancing/having to complete with chit chatters!

• Like 1

It was fantastic (albeit on TV as had no ticket). Definitely gutted not to be there to witness it in person.

Macca / Stevie Wonder therefore still my number 1/2 purely because I was there.

Edited by Benjsh

I was up on the path above the field, furthest I’ve ever been from the stage in a crowd and still had a great time. I made sure to stand directly in front of a repeater speaker and we had great sound and there was a good atmosphere where we were. Also meant we got the best views of the fireworks for Rocket Man at the end. Win win.

could’ve got closer, my partners dad arrived half hour into the set and inched along the side where the water aid stall is and got level with the pit barrier. 

29 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I think it depends mainly on the vibe of the crowd and to a degree the act. I've done both and had good and bad experiences with either. 

Our group opted for back of the field and it was absolutely epic! The fact that we were surrounded by enthusiastic Elton fans had a lot to do with it. Nothing worse that being the only people dancing/having to complete with chit chatters!

Agreed, it's all about the enthusiasm of those around you. Stood 5m into row mead and it was still great. Elton managed to spread it throughout most of the crowd for something really special.

Just one Springsteen/macca sized guest required to tip it over the edge.

☺️

2 hours ago, bob323 said:

very happy with Elton,

It was easy to get to the front of QoTSA

I'm with you. So easy to move around from about 8pm and a doddle to get through the Rudimental crowd (you could stand anywhere, and move to anywhere).

Also made getting into the Temple fairly easy.

Same as everyone else, not the best ever but it was really really good. The collosal scale and vibe of that crowd really impressed me, and once he found his feet and did the hits he really had the whole place eating out the palm of his hand.

I just wanted to give him a big hug, he's so cute. Like a nana.