Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

7 minutes ago, st dan said:

IMG_0753.thumb.png.090e013debcdf35a7d079dae0bd20bb1.pngIMG_0754.thumb.png.e94ddf49ef79554db862aeafcb5fb652.png

Looking at the comments from the official Glastonbury page posting about Carhenge - looks like they’re being mobbed by angry Lana fans!

I always wonder why established celebrities bother to have a social media presence.

Just an endless cesspit of insanity, aggression and trolling.

So thankful platforms still like efestivals still exist which are (mostly) reasonable

1 hour ago, sneakysabi said:

Out of upvotes but this is exactly what I was trying to say just way more eloquent. I hope that UK fans will get to see the whole performance at BST and personally I'm definitely planning to be there for that.

BST cut people off with no mercy. They did it to Springsteen and McCartney together.

8 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

BST cut people off with no mercy. They did it to Springsteen and McCartney together.

Technically the Springsteen show was Hard Rock Calling, promoted by Live Nation, whereas BST has only been a thing since AEG took over the Hyde Park contract. So it's different people who'd need to make that call if the situation arises.

They've still got the same fundamental issue though in that residents of the (very expensive) neighbouring properties will kick up a stink if the licence isn't adhered to. Would bet good money that they'll be having that conversation right now and be prepared to pull the plug if there's a substantial overrun.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Technically the Springsteen show was Hard Rock Calling, promoted by Live Nation, whereas BST has only been a thing since AEG took over the Hyde Park contract. So it's different people who'd need to make that call if the situation arises.

They've still got the same fundamental issue though in that residents of the (very expensive) neighbouring properties will kick up a stink if the licence isn't adhered to. Would bet good money that they'll be having that conversation right now and be prepared to pull the plug if there's a substantial overrun.

Oh yeah good point. But yeah I expect the outcome will be the same. Can’t upset the poshos.

23 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I always wonder why established celebrities bother to have a social media presence.

So thankful platforms still like efestivals still exist which are (mostly) reasonable

LDR doesnt actually have Instagram or Twitter. Probably because of her fans..

7 hours ago, Chawk said:

I feel we need to bring in the wisdom of Liam Payne on Will Smith.

"There were three losers in one fight. She had bad hair, being Lana. They didn't want to do what they had to do, being Glastonbury. And he did nothing, being Colorblindjames."

You’ve won Efestivals 2023 for me. Take your Oscar.

5 hours ago, JonSnow said:

You should see the Swifties who sent death threats and doxxed a writer for comparing beyonce and taylor swifts tour and saying they preferred beyonce.

3 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

More 👏 women 👏 breaking 👏 curfew 👏

Truly a pressing goal for gender equality, I'm sure we can all agree

Yep, if we could channel some of this energy into something useful we'd be into a winner wouldn't we 😂

If what is reported here is true f**k her. Attitude stinks. Pyramid overruns do not cause crowd issues as they are staggered later for a reason. Other overruns do, so Bruce/Macca overruns aren’t the same.

She should never set foot on the farm again. Imagine putting the Eavii in that position because you thought you should be headlining. What a dick head. 

In comparison Axl and GNR were early on stage and polite and appreciative. 

no one is bigger than the festival. 

and before anyone starts I’m a woman and a feminist but being a twat is just being a twat. 

Edited by Levitz
  • Upvote 5

On 6/25/2023 at 11:20 AM, Lubic said:

Apologies if I missed this last night, but can someone who knows what they are talking about regarding licenses, fines etc please explain why Macca was allowed to play until nearly half 12 and Lana was cut off at midnight?"

"It's Macca" isn't good enough imo. Not looking for an argument, genuinely wondering

logistics of crowd control. pyramid overruns, fine isn't great obv but if act is on time etc and they pay, more doable. The Other stage overruns, crowd exiting now run into Pyramid exiting, it's already difficult when Pyramid exits, they stagger sets for a reason. Ego doesn't overrule that

13 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Lana was the highlight and the lowlight of the weekend.

Her performance and staging was fab. A beautiful, messy performance. The curfew was a lowlight and a disgrace. Especially if it's true old male rockers were allowed to overrun in the past.

Some of the responses slagging off LDR and her late arrival are a little bit sad. This is the music industry folks. Artists often misbehave. Do we want Glastonbury to be a sanitised, disneyfied experience? Are the main stages only to be populated by non threatening boys and girls?

IMO Glastonbury are 100% at fault here. First of all she should have headlined the pyramid anyway instead of the cock rock we got all weekend. (With the exception of Elton who deserved his send off.) Her music catalogue over the past 8 years is simply a stunning body of work. 

Secondly selecting her slot to start at 10-30 and giving her only 1hr and 15 was asking for trouble if indeed there was a 12am curfew. 

Thirdly Glastonbury showed great disrespect to their customers who for many like myself LDR was to be the highlight of the whole festival. 

jesus h christ

1 hour ago, Big Vern said:

I'm there to hear her sing, not watch her piss about with her hair or look at those prancing about on stage.

Regardless the subject of this thread, Is that how you refer to dancing? 

Come on ffs, this is hardly new fangled or cutting edge - since the dawn of music performers dance along. That aspect isn't am issue. 

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Regardless the subject of this thread, Is that how you refer to dancing? 

Come on ffs, this is hardly new fangled or cutting edge - since the dawn of music performers dance along. That aspect isn't am issue. 

She's a singer, I was there to see her sing, the other stuff is self indulgent stage meh she can focus on in her own shows, not at the biggest festival on earth.

If she can't show me the due respect I deserve as a paying fan, then she'll get none from me.  She does this kind of sh*t too often,  enough is enough.