List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doesn't the 210k cover crew / staff?  I think the number sold to punters is closer to that 130k figure 

Yeah, there's been some inconsistency in how the number has been reported over the years, including on the official site.

The current number is 210k all in. 142k Public tickets including 5k Sunday tickets.

20 years ago, the total number was 150k, of which approximately 117k were public tickets including the 5k Sunday tickets.

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

This is true - and the relationship between Michael and the farmer at Windinglake already has a history of tension. However he also cannot reasonably allow him to dictate his terms if in too stark a contrast with the festival ethos or message as it will undermine its credability.

If there are tickets included in these helicopter packages then the festival are obviously OK with it. If there aren’t and the punters using the helicopter service are getting their own tickets I’m not sure there’s a lot they can do. Like so much of what goes on there it’s a very delicate balancing act.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Yeah, there's been some inconsistency in how the number has been reported over the years, including on the official site.

The current number is 210k all in. 142k Public tickets including 5k Sunday tickets.

20 years ago, the total number was 150k, of which approximately 117k were public tickets including the 5k Sunday tickets.

So it's gone up 25k punters in 20 years.

Given the expansion of the site area since then its really not that bad an increase.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So it's gone up 25k punters in 20 years.

Given the expansion of the site area since then its really not that bad an increase.

Yep - though those raw numbers don't always tell the whole story, as Hospitality (which seems to have exploded in that time) tickets come out of the non-public pool, as do kids U12 without a ticket.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If there are tickets included in these helicopter packages then the festival are obviously OK with it. If there aren’t and the punters using the helicopter service are getting their own tickets I’m not sure there’s a lot they can do. Like so much of what goes on there it’s a very delicate balancing act.

They don’t just run Helicopters, they run a full on camp site for the weekend and sell VIP packages. Have a look at Windenlake on Instagram. They sell combined accommodation and tickets as a package. I think they have about 2-3k people there over the weekend. I usually stay there just as it’s a way of getting tickets 

One family when Elton John was on telling everyone around them to be quiet so they could hear him speak between songs. Adult daughter dressed up as a hippy in a love fields hoodie 8k a night to stay there innit? 

Basically spent the whole time sniggering at people. Rung my mum up when he was on to say hi  as she loves Elton and shes really ill, only for them to start sniggering at me. Could have knocked him out made me that angry but moved on as CBA to be around such negative people  

On 6/27/2023 at 1:18 PM, JayDiesel said:

The sitters make me physically irate, to the stage where I stopped avoiding them when trying to pass - if my feet catch you on the way through, stand up.

It's funny, because ableist, judgmental assholes make me irate.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:56 AM, jonnyisRFC said:

Didn’t go this year but from this thread and a couple of other threads it looks like it’s slowly changing from the classic Glastonbury vibe to more of a Reading/Leeds vibe… 

Nowhere near, or at least at the stages I visited.

This year was very much "the classic Glastonbury vibe", so much better than last year.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Nowhere near, or at least at the stages I visited.

This year was very much "the classic Glastonbury vibe", so much better than last year.

Yep agree, pretty much an equal balance between young and old I thought!

42 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

It's funny, because ableist, judgmental assholes make me irate.

As I recall, he apologised further down the thread. 

9 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I said if this is right. Feel free to provide accurate information if you have it.

I think @incident usually seems to have a handle on such data and has responded above. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Yep - though those raw numbers don't always tell the whole story, as Hospitality (which seems to have exploded in that time) tickets come out of the non-public pool, as do kids U12 without a ticket.

not all hospitality tickets are entrance tickets, i usually get an 'upgrade' to a hospitality ticket.

2 hours ago, Jamie 2194 said:

They don’t just run Helicopters, they run a full on camp site for the weekend and sell VIP packages. Have a look at Windenlake on Instagram. They sell combined accommodation and tickets as a package. I think they have about 2-3k people there over the weekend. I usually stay there just as it’s a way of getting tickets 

Yup, we stayed there this year as I have had a contact there for years. Prices have gone up considerably & there are a lot more people there too.

High end Winnebago there 38k for the weekend! (I was in the cheapest accom!!)  - I only go when it’s the last resort for a ticket. It’s a bit far removed from the original ethos though and having been in the 90’s, I miss that vibe! 

9 minutes ago, Welshinexile said:

Yup, we stayed there this year as I have had a contact there for years. Prices have gone up considerably & there are a lot more people there too.

High end Winnebago there 38k for the weekend! (I was in the cheapest accom!!)  - I only go when it’s the last resort for a ticket. It’s a bit far removed from the original ethos though and having been in the 90’s, I miss that vibe! 

I know what you mean, but I am 48 now and can’t camp in the chaos for 5 nights. We always bring our van and stay at Windenlake (still massively expensive as you say) but I say never again after every year and book tickets the Monday we get home 😂

1 minute ago, Jamie 2194 said:

I know what you mean, but I am 48 now and can’t camp in the chaos for 5 nights. We always bring our van and stay at Windenlake (still massively expensive as you say) but I say never again after every year and book tickets the Monday we get home 😂

whats the approx cost for a campervan pitch and ticket(s)  - I'm already paranoid about not getting a ticket for next year 😄

29 minutes ago, Welshinexile said:

Just out of interest, how much is the cheapest accomodation at Windinglake? And when do they go on sale?? 

17 minutes ago, Jamie 2194 said:

Yes I always say never again too and do exactly the same 😂 And I am 50 so feel much the same! And not going to lie, I had my kids this year and Winnie’s Wood area was a godsend!!