Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 minutes ago, YunT said:

Don't worry, next year I won't say anything.

Probably for the best. Anyone could come up with names that are 50% correct. I have correctly predicted Bikini Kill, Lankum, Blonde Redhead, Mitski, The National, PJ Harvey, etc. Does not make me special!

Disappointed no legendary surprise names to get excited about (one of MBV, The Cure, Nick Cave etc.), but it’s a solid enough lineup. Albeit bar Lana and one or two others, you can see most acts whenever you want. It feels like Phoenix and The National play more festivals than they don’t.

First time ive regretted buying a ticket up front.

I know they’ve had a new album since but the National again is so boring to me. I love Blur and they dropped their new one after last year but i wouldnt want them again either

Edited by broccoli

1 minute ago, Yakkety Yak said:

Pretty whelming, really. Not a letdown but not much to be excited about. It'll be fine!

A lot of the rumoured acts that are missing were the ones I was keen for - Jane's Addiction, Camera Obscura, Kylie, The Smile, The Walkmen, Death Cab... next year I might just have to skip the speculation.

Yeah the Walkmen not being there really is a huuuge letdown

Many great names, but also many of them touring this year. I've seen about 60 shows this year, so I was not expecting any rare names on the poster and that's fine. It is still quite impressive, with 5-10 times better than any festival announced so far, and that's just from the names I am familiar with.

For me I have very mixed feelings, really excited about bigger acts like pulp, Lana, twigs, deftones and PJ Harvey. The National I have seen so many times at so many festivals that this is v boring - also did everyone forget about the Ezra Koenig allegations when it comes to Vampire Weekend?

Lots of great undercards too - Chelsea Wolfe will be amazing she’s been on my to see list for a while. Slow pulp too.

Seems a v ‘what is popular on TikTok’, line up - really thought we’d have a bigger icon act like the cure, although happy with Pulp. Also expected to see more up and coming acts like bdrmm. 

Edited by joydiv