Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

3 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

my final prediction for the headliners

wed: nelly furtado 

Cure - pj harvey - the national 

Massive attack - travis scott 

sza - pulp- karol g/really bad headliner 

This could be the lineup but then what's the point of saying "You are not ready for this" if it's only this? I mean it would be an interesting lineup but not even top 3 of the last 10 years

8 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

There was talk a few pages back of Air playing Moon Safari which would be cool. 

Any other album anniversaries that could be possible? Illmatic in full would be great. Dookie is ruled out, Dummy unlikely...

Flaming Lips are doing Yoshimi in full on some festival this summer.

and no indication of it what so ever, but we deserve a European leg to the Postal Service Give Up + DCFC Transatlanticism anniversary tour

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Its just marketing, there is no inherent meaning in it besides maybe teasing this years theme

Isn't there usually a link to one of the performing artists though? eg I'll be your mirror - John Cale. Otherwise "you are not ready for this" is just a bland, off-the-shelf slogan (also a possibility!)

2 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Isn't there usually a link to one of the performing artists though? eg I'll be your mirror - John Cale. Otherwise "you are not ready for this" is just a bland, off-the-shelf slogan (also a possibility!)

Once again, either it's a marketing stunt that doesn't mean anything, or it is really one of their biggest lineups and they want to tease that. Lastly it could be also a reference to some specific artist, but no one comes to my mind now. 

3 minutes ago, brosch said:

A one day “Fan Sale” for registered users before “General Sale” - this is new, isn’t it?

046716FB-A540-4C77-9DC9-88CCDCCA543C.jpeg

Yes. It's a good way of creating hype (the fan sale tickets will undoubtedly be restricted and "sell out" quickly, making anyone who missed out panic buy in the general sale) as well as get lots of data on festivalgoers.

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yes. It's a good way of creating hype (the fan sale tickets will undoubtedly be restricted and "sell out" quickly, making anyone who missed out panic buy in the general sale) as well as get lots of data on festivalgoers.

I mean its sorta what happens with early birds every year with prior access to Ticket holders from the current Edition 

Just now, Createur said:

Requirement from TayTay management.

I mean, it won't happen but "You're not ready for this" just screams Taylor Swift to me haha and I was thinking like two hours ago if they would ever book her, they would do something like a Fan-Sale for people that went to one of the last editions to ensure the classic-Primavera crowd is getting a ticket and now this is happening lol.

Oh boy, I'm getting my self way too much into this. It's the only weekend where Taylor is free on both friday and saturday in her whole tour. Madrid is besides Cardiff the only city where she is playing only one night, which seems strange considering it's the only date in spain. (6 in France, 7 in Germany, 3 in Austria/Netherlands/Poland/Sweden, even  2 in Portugal). 

Also Barcelona is in between Madrid and Lyon, her next stop on sunday.

And if she would do a festival I would think she'd love to have some of her collaborators there too, which would be Aaron Dessner by the National and Jack Antonoff by Bleachers (who cancelled the last two editions of Primavera and are about to tour their new album, so very likely to be there).

I still don't believe it tho. Or do I?

• Upvote 1

It's unrealistic. She would obliterate Primavera's budget and the entire festival's demographic would be skewed. She's doing no other festivals on this tour.

Also Gabi just wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut if they'd have booked someone this massive.

She might pop up with The National for a song if she's around Barcelona, but she won't be headlining.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1