Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, pipan said:

The Killers definitely surprised me since Primavera has never booked them before but I wouldn't call it a poor booking. I'm yet to see them for the first time next month so can't say anything about their live performances, but I loved their first two records and the newest one is actually pretty good too.

I saw them live about 6 or 7 years ago and personally really disliked all of the set apart from the last 2 songs (as did the group I was with), but then again I'm not a fan of their music at all so might be different if you're a fan of them.

I think you're missing the point with the SA primaveras. It's a different booking agenda, they're getting access to acts that might play one show in that country or even that region. killers are booked because they're massive and rarely play over there so will draw a lot of people. It doesn't mean they're gonna be booked for Barcelona. 

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I wonder if they will try and negotiate a second weekend in Barcelona again, I know the city isn’t keen on that but maybe with the changes they made to layout and scrapping the beach area, they would be more receptive. 

12 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

So still no update on how they're planning to compensate Madrid attendees, which I'm sure they said was "coming soon" before PS24 went on sale. I don't expect much anyway but it would be nice for them to at least communicate with us

8 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

So still no update on how they're planning to compensate Madrid attendees, which I'm sure they said was "coming soon" before PS24 went on sale. I don't expect much anyway but it would be nice for them to at least communicate with us

Just got an email. They’re giving 30% off for the price for any of their festivals next year.

Edited by chilirocker

7 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

They’ve literally just communicated with us on this!

If I’ve understood theyve waited until after the early bird sale so it’s a discount only offered to most of us on here after we’ve already bought our ticket.

Hmm…

17 hours ago, DDave said:

The Killers on a Primavera line up is more of a surprise to me than Calvin Harris being on one. 

Honestly, I've grown to like them a lot in the last couple of years, they are far from the Pop-Rock outfit they used to be. If there was a scarcity of headline acts, I'd say PS would go for them if available. They had Arctic Monkeys too, after all. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Honestly, I've grown to like them a lot in the last couple of years, they are far from the Pop-Rock outfit they used to be. If there was a scarcity of headline acts, I'd say PS would go for them if available. They had Arctic Monkeys too, after all. 

Dead right. They've got the hits and Brandon Flowers actually looks arsed about performing. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If I’ve understood theyve waited until after the early bird sale so it’s a discount only offered to most of us on here after we’ve already bought our ticket.

Hmm…

So we can email them if we have already bought early bird - sounds like total hassle but 15 euro per ticket better in my pocket than theirs after the hassle this year 

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

I wonder if they will try and negotiate a second weekend in Barcelona again, I know the city isn’t keen on that but maybe with the changes they made to layout and scrapping the beach area, they would be more receptive. 

Two weekends was to recoup costs for Covid I assume, no evidence they want to bring it back. Maybe for another big anniversary but I don't think it'll ever return.

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

The Killers are a million times better live act as well. 

52 minutes ago, RifleSmile said:

So we can email them if we have already bought early bird - sounds like total hassle but 15 euro per ticket better in my pocket than theirs after the hassle this year 

More than €15, surely? Though they don't actually state it's 30% either, just email and "we will help you". I would be interested in hearing what they give you.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Hmm…

Wow I somehow completely missed that, didn't get any notification about the email 

I'm one of those people that has already booked prima 24, I wonder if the 30% discount is on top of the earlybird price? Will have to find that out, or just use it to go to Porto as well..... 

9 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

This year we're adamant on a hotel very close to the site next year. Any suggestions? Diagonal Mar and Princess seem to have nothing available or aren't taking bookings yet.

Depends on definition of close, I've stayed at the ibis just a 5 min walk from tram stop 

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

More than €15, surely? Though they don't actually state it's 30% either, just email and "we will help you". I would be interested in hearing what they give you.

I went into Access Ticket and DICE for my discount and it was 30% off the current ticket price and it came to 185 euro so 15 off the early bird price

I’ve emailed them - if it’s 30% off early bird then amazing but I’d seriously doubt it 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

This year we're adamant on a hotel very close to the site next year. Any suggestions? Diagonal Mar and Princess seem to have nothing available or aren't taking bookings yet.

We stayed at Novotel - right next to the tram stop (5 stops from the festival site). We would love to stay there also next year, but they don't offer any refund option (or at least didn't offer when I was looking for a hotel). 

2 minutes ago, RifleSmile said:

I went into Access Ticket and DICE for my discount and it was 30% off the current ticket price and it came to 185 euro so 15 off the early bird price

I’ve emailed them - if it’s 30% off early bird then amazing but I’d seriously doubt it 

They literally confirmed that it applies also to the already bought early bird tickets, so I think you're going to be fine.

38 minutes ago, pipan said:

We stayed at Novotel - right next to the tram stop (5 stops from the festival site). We would love to stay there also next year, but they don't offer any refund option (or at least didn't offer when I was looking for a hotel). 

We were at Novotel as well funnily enough. But I'm thinking short walking distance. My least favourite thing about this festival is getting back to the hotel each night. Such a ball ache.