Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

Two years in a row! It's really shoddy. She's 36 and also more than possible she decides to have a child next year (she's talked about it a lot in the past).

We'll always have 2019 at least...

I loved Magdalene, but since then I‘ve grown to be weary of her. Caprisongs was alright, but she seems to not care about playing for her fans, if she puts on shows she knows shes not gonna be at months ahead without a word of apology. 

meanwhile, shes advocating for weird AI Visions so she has to interact with fabs even less. Idk

Woken up feeling very excited for Primavera now.

I love how different everyone's schedules are, the most common complaint is Pulp v Deftones, but there's no hideous Calvin Harris style gap this time, which everyone was disappointed by.

My schedule is looking like:

Tues: The Messthetics - Irreversible Entanglements - Armand Hammer

Weds: The National

Thurs: Arab Strap (?or William Basinski) - Mannequin Pussy - Blonde Redhead - Billy Woods - Beth Gibbons - Pulp - Justice

Fri: Rita Vian - Ethel Cain - a bit of Last Dinner Party - Chelsea Wolfe - BADBADNOTGOOD - Rels B - Jai Paul - bit of the National - Barry Can't Swim - Obongjayar (I'm amazed no-one else is mentioning Obongjayar, he's got some gorgeous tunes)

Sat: Nala Sinephro - ?Lankum or Lemon Twigs and Royel Otis - El Mató un Policia Motorizado - PJ Harvey - Mitski - SZA - Atarashii Gakko

A few of those are recommendations I got from here, particularly Billy Woods, El Mato and Atarashii Gakko.

OK attempting to arrange my schedule. I've also had a surprise, a colleague of mine was going but her husband has been unwell, they've decided to cancel and she's offered me their VIP tickets. Never been with a VIP ticket before so let's see. 

Anyway this is ambitious and assumes I have 100% energy for 3 full days which I know I won't. 

Thursday: Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Roc Marci/Amyl - Vampire Weekend - Deftones - Sofia Kourtesis on the way to Justice - Wiegedood 

Friday: Armand Hammer - Badbadnotgood - Rels B - Jai Paul - Barry Can't Swim - try boiler room for DDS/Raime - Mount Kimbie - Arca 

Saturday: Militaire Gun (maybe, they're on early) - PJ Harvey - American Football - Mandy Indiana - maybe to warehouse to catch the end of Monolake - Roisin Murphy - Model Actriz - end of Charli if I have the energy - Legowelt

Edited by katyaz

2 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I love how diverse even this fairly small sample of people is

Pulp before it will be spiritual and then Justice will be other worldly

Deftones during Pulp will be magical. Before rushing to this spiritual and worldly event

5 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I hope all the coked-up chompers and other douchebags f**k off to Peggy Gou, so that only the elite chill crowd will remain for Justice.

Yeah not my scene at all. Never took a "class A" in my life.

Few beers and a good ole sing song. Thats all Im after.

2 hours ago, Etaish said:

New EP by BadBadNotGood who don't seem to get much mention here. It's really quite good. V keen to see this at Cupra on Friday

BADBADNOTGOOD were a wish list / must see act until the GEL / Jessica Pratt clash (I say clash, I do wonder how early you'll need to get into the Auditori for JP)

Hi. First time heading to Primavera this year. Couple of questions..

What is the temperature difference from afternoon to night time? Will shorts be ok all the way through and is a thin or thick jacket/hoodie better?

What are the distances between stages? For example, Deftones to Pulp

Cheers 

Jessica Pratt will be magical in the auditorium. So tempted to ignore LDR. 
If I go this way it would be 2/3 days of Primavera without main stage. I wonder if anyone here is used to skip main stage that much and how has affected the experience  

Edited by Whos3000_

5 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Jessica Pratt will be magical in the auditorium. So tempted to ignore LDR. 
If I go this way it would be 2/3 days of Primavera without main stage. I wonder if anyone here is used to skip main stage that much and how has affected the experience  

Lucky you. The less Mordor the better.

17 minutes ago, Istari said:

What is the temperature difference from afternoon to night time? Will shorts be ok all the way through and is a thin or thick jacket/hoodie better?

Cheers 

It does cool off at night (just checking weather reports and they're saying around 8° cooler). I bring a thin layer.

Amazon stage to main stage, depends how busy it is but around 10 mins. I reckon there'll be a fair few going Deftones to Pulp...

47 minutes ago, Istari said:

Cheers 

Check weather on the day but shorts will be fine. Plus it depends on the temperatures you are used to! Last time I brought a denim jacket with me all three days and tbh I didn't need it, but it was useful to sit on. I wore it most of the time though because I didn't want to carry it around. It was about 16c at night if I remember. Personally I would not bring a hoodie, too bulky, but if you are comfortable wearing it then bring it. 

Edited by katyaz