Who's coming for a run?

lita

This time next week I'll be ready for a beer in the sun (hopefully) after the Thursday 9am 5k run - we're meeting in the Green Futures field and doing a gentle jog around the site via the Glastonbury sign (with time to get breath back after that hill) and then curving round the site to end up by the pyramid. More details on FB here but for those of you not on FB just turn up in Green Futures at 9am next Thursday. Has been great fun the last couple of years (even if younger me would be absolutely horrified by the thought)

And yes I'm fully prepared to be roasted for this, my first post here after 18 years of lurking...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah the first year I saw people jog past me I was baffled as to why anyone could or would...and then somehow I found myself doing it a few years later? Anyway one of the joys of it is seeing the surprised looks on people emerging from tents at the madness of it all. One of things I love about the place, jsut about anything can and does happen.

If I went on a run it'd be just my luck that I pull a muscle or snap a tendon or something, miss two hours of the festival at the medical tent, and then have to hobble around like a hunchback for the rest of the festival.

I respect everyone who does it - ya bloody maniacs! 

But for me, I'm out. 

Last year at my local festival I got there late morning/noon on the hottest weekend of the year and while I was setting up my tent a guy jogged past, not once but twice.  I did wonder why on earth he hadn't done it earlier.  He was really huffing and puffing.  

The unfortunate truth is that these days it seems I'd rather watch telly. And eat. And drink. And smoke. And sex. And drugs. And rock. And roll.

I always tell myself I'm going to get fit for the next one. And ready in time. Never happens.

I've started C25K so many times.

Edited by MrZigster

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Sounds like a great idea but unfortunately I won't be arriving until Thursday afternoon. I'm not on Facebook but any chance you could share a screenshot of the route on here? 

non FB link for the 'official' one: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ravers-2-runners-greenpeace-from-tent-to-5k-glastonbury-fun-run-tickets-651960099207

• Thanks 1