Services

WarlyBarly

Sorry totally not related, but many of you will know the right answer.  Traveling over from Ireland so not too familiar.  Where is the best services between Liverpool and Glasto?  Also for the return.

And where would be the best place to pick up booze?  Any big tescos or whatever close to Glasto?  Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, WarlyBarly said:

Sorry totally not related, but many of you will know the right answer.  Traveling over from Ireland so not too familiar.  Where is the best services between Liverpool and Glasto?  Also for the return.

And where would be the best place to pick up booze?  Any big tescos or whatever close to Glasto?  Thanks in advance.

Gloucester 😍😍

God tier.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, WarlyBarly said:

Personally, for any road trip, I prefer to stop at a Supermarket - cheaper cafe, fuel plus you can pick up your booze while you're there.  Take a look at this website to find ones close to the motorway junctions you're going past.  Just make sure whichever supermarket you choose has the facilities you want listed.  (This link is to the M5, but it covers all the UK motorways). 

https://www.justoffjunction.co.uk/M5.php

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

16 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

Definitely Gloucester for services!

Shepton Mallet Tesco for booze.

Do not rely on Tesco Shepton for your booze. 
I’ve been in there a few times this week and larger (12/24s) cases of beers and ciders are very few and far between. And what has been there is being snapped up. 

Lots of 4 packs. But obviously they’re a pain to carry. 

Yes Gloucester is our services of choice when going to/from Cornwall.

I'll be shopping for booze at Shepton Mallet tesco but on the Monday morning before I go on site so hopefully won't be too decimated.

There's an Aldi in Shepton as well as another Tesco in Wells

1 hour ago, WarlyBarly said:

What's your need for services? Eating on the journey, food for the camp, or something else? 

The reason we all like Gloucester is because it doesn't have the same rubbish chains as at other services (so the grub is fantastic) and also has a big posh farm shop. 

https://gloucesterservices.com/

If you're going to a supermarket maybe do a click and collect? 

Edited by clarkete

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

What's your need for services? Eating on the journey, food for the camp, or something else? 

The reason we all like Gloucester is because it doesn't have the same rubbish chains as at other services (so the grub is fantastic) and also has a big posh farm shop. 

https://gloucesterservices.com/

If you're going to a supermarket maybe do a click and collect? 

I did click and collect last year and it was great. Only reason I'm not doing it this year is I have Tesco vouchers to spend and you can't pay for click and collect with them

May well just be us but our booze list is carefully curated and assembled weeks (sometimes months) prior to the festival, chilled and stashed in cool boxes. I cannot fathom waiting until Tesco in Shepton Mallet 😂

Edited by Clouds

43 minutes ago, Clouds said:

May well just be us but our booze list is carefully curated and assembled weeks (sometimes months) prior to the festival, chilled and stashed in cool boxes. I cannot fathom waiting until Tesco in Shepton Mallet 😂

My cider has been brought and goes into the walk in freezer at work 3 days before I leave in a coolbox with lid open , it then gets packed in ice cubes , wrapped in a space blanket and travels to the farm the night before the festival , last year the box still had ice in it on the sunday 

One of the best things about stopping at Gloucester is it's the first real interaction with others travelling to the festival. You can always tell who is going! Have a good chat with two lots of people last year. I tend to stop even when I don't need to.

It's also funny to see all these zombies - me included - going back home early Monday morning.

7 minutes ago, WarlyBarly said:

I’ll be passing some shopping centres around 9am Wednesday morning on route to the site.  Is it possible to buy alcohol at this time of the morning?  Don’t want to be left thirsty.

Supermarkets. Yes you will be fine

• Thanks 1