Your One time Best Song. Only One !

marathonsteve

10 hours ago, sauceageroll said:

Villagers - Becoming A Jackal.

not an artist I’ve particularly delved

deeper; but that track gets me every single time 

I thoroughly recommend diving deeper. 

So many brilliant tunes. Some other favourites of mine - twenty seven strangers, trick of the light, the waves

Really good live as well if you get the chance

• Thanks 1

LCD Soundsystem's All My Friends has become our group's de facto anthem - to the point where it now seems to close the night at anyone's wedding. 

If we're talking more personally, then Killer Parties by The Hold Steady or No Children by The Mountain Goats are fighting for the top spot.

• Like 1

I've always said that good music should inspire 2 things - motion or emotion (or both).  The one song that sets the hairs on my neck standing and that I just can't help but get up and to dance to is Red Light Spells Danger by Billy Ocean.  It slaps, hard.

1 hour ago, Xeph1995 said:

...And Justice for All - Metallica. 

You're joking right?  Justice is this, Justice is that, Justice is about 10 minutes long..... 🥱  Wouldn't even be in my top 20 Metallica songs!

1 hour ago, mouserat said:

LCD Soundsystem's All My Friends has become our group's de facto anthem - to the point where it now seems to close the night at anyone's wedding. 

If we're talking more personally, then Killer Parties by The Hold Steady or No Children by The Mountain Goats are fighting for the top spot.

It closed the night at my wedding ❤️

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

You're joking right?  Justice is this, Justice is that, Justice is about 10 minutes long..... 🥱  Wouldn't even be in my top 20 Metallica songs!

Toss up between that an Orion, I like long songs.

The chorus is probably the weakest part of the song I'll grant you but the main riff is filth, and the verse singing is great when it first kicks in has a good groove to it. 

Edited by Xeph1995