The State Of The Ground Report 2023. 10th anniversary edition!

Sawdusty surfer

Loving the update - I stopped watching the Glastocam thread weeks ago as I didn't want to get 'bored' of the site before I'd even arrived, but these little glimpses are just perfect for me.

As to where this one was filmed, I'm hopeless at this sort of thing, but I'm going to guess that the trees behind your head are ones lining the Railway.  So you're somewhere where the ground slopes away from the Railway - the entrance to The Other field?  (Before the grass gets trampled away.)

Loving the updates, I'll be on site from this Saturday working the pre festival shifts with Oxfam, certainly don't see much changing between now and then.

As a nice little comparison, any chance you could repost the video clip you did from 2016 I think it was? You know, the one where the whole place was sodden and the heel test made the ground look like a extra wobbly pannacotta.

Been completely tied up with carving and trying to work around the lack of heavy lifting capability. The shonky old crane on my lorry finally gave up the ghost on Wednesday which has made moving the bigger stuff to the farm more of a challenge than usual. Am now here for the duration although will be trjndljng5backwsrds and forwards bringing more stuff. 

Anyway, although there have been some spells of precipitation, the ground is still rock hard. 

Will sort another video update later this morning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

You sir, are a legend.  🙌  Nice blue skies and a breeze also I noticed.  Bet it feels lovely and fresh this morning.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

You sir, are a legend.  🙌  Nice blue skies and a breeze also I noticed.  Bet it feels lovely and fresh this morning.

It felt nice and fresh until 30 mins ago and now it’s baking but with a nice breeze …. At least the ground isn’t rock hard and Sahara like now … it’s just vaguely damp on top 

• Like 1