The churnups

a6l6e6x

I think the Foos are winding us up, I think they are fully aware of all the interest/intrigue about who the churnups are and are just having a laugh. I cant see any reason why they would make it so obvious for a start. Keep it a secret and they probably have one of the biggest crowds all weekend, whether it be Blur, Pulp or Foos fans there waiting to see who the big secret is. If people know its the Foos I think the crowd will be smaller than if was a genuine secret set. The excitement would be amazing if its kept quiet until the day it happens. If they have just announced themselves then what was the point, the excitement of a secret set has gone (albeit its still the Foos playing). I just cant think why they would announce themselves, especially as unsubtley as that message is, not exactly cryptic is it, they have nothing to gain from announcing it now

I just think they are joining in and stringing us along. If anything, I think that note makes it less likely that its the Foos, there you go reverse logic, just too obvious and unsubtle, th Foos are better than that! I wont be surprised if there will be similar unsubtle messages from other big bands between now and then...

Just now, dingbat2 said:

I think the Foos are winding us up, I think they are fully aware of all the interest/intrigue about who the churnups are and are just having a laugh. I cant see any reason why they would make it so obvious for a start. Keep it a secret and they probably have one of the biggest crowds all weekend, whether it be Blur, Pulp or Foos fans there waiting to see who the big secret is. If people know its the Foos I think the crowd will be smaller than if was a genuine secret set. The excitement would be amazing if its kept quiet until the day it happens. If they have just announced themselves then what was the point, the excitement of a secret set has gone (albeit its still the Foos playing). I just cant think why they would announce themselves, especially as unsubtley as that message is, not exactly cryptic is it, they have nothing to gain from announcing it now

I just think they are joining in and stringing us along. If anything, I think that note makes it less likely that its the Foos, there you go reverse logic, just too obvious and unsubtle, th Foos are better than that! I wont be surprised if there will be similar unsubtle messages from other big bands between now and then...

Nah man that's some serious cope.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Good grief 

I doubt there would be such an emotional tone if it were a wind up. 

Please say you’re joking 😂😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

absolutely seminal troll post that 

I agree - why would Nick Banks also be teasing with his tweets? They al in it together IMO

Maybe Lewis Capaldi is close to pulling out and FFs are stepping in? 

Foos it is then! Not sure if some of these comments are serious but no way Foos are going to wind up their own fans and pretend they are playing if they are not. Would be a really odd thing to do. Presumably they want a huge crowd all there for them which is why they’ve dropped a huge hint, to avoid turning up to some disappointed Pulp fans all leaving the field. 

Will be there for it. Hoping Pulp show up too, but not sure where they fit now. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

So many people ignoring QOTSA have a gig in Cardiff on the 23rd.

QOTSA aren't afraid of stupid stuff like that. Back in 2017 they played Reading & Leeds on the same day. It's not impossible that Josh pulls the same trick to get to Cardiff in time. Not hugely likely, but not impossible.

I could see a mini Taylor Hawkins tribute rather than the Foos - leaves them more clear to come back and headline in the next couple of years. 

Edited by NotAnInsider

Absolutely chuffed. Foos are one of my favourites and I’ve been fortunate enough to attend a couple of their other secret shows in the past (House of Vans / Islington Assembly Hall on consecutive nights in 2014). Taylor Tribute was a truly special occasion - as was Glasto in 2017 - and this slot could easily go down in the same bracket. Shame it couldn’t be kept completely secret for a little while longer but at least we can all plan accordingly now. 

Regardless of one’s thoughts on the band, to get a genuine headline act to play a lower slot is just an incredible coup, really. Only Glastonbury, eh? 

Edited by JA_Watts

The idea that Dave is becoming Chris Martin is laughable, they are playing third down, some bands an acts play non headline slots at Glastonbury pretty much every year. If you don’t like it don’t go, The headliners are still unaffected by the booking.

I bet some of the same complaints he’s become Chris Martin are unironically coming from people that trot along to Mik Artists and Beans on Bloody Toast each year. 

That set is gonna be insane. Like, Pulp obviously would’ve been ace and I know a lot of people are disappointed it’s not them, but Foos, in the middle of the day, on the Pyramid?! Crowd is gonna be ginormous and having an absolute rager. Feel sorry for the acts on across the rest of the site.