The churnups

a6l6e6x

1 hour ago, Joey01 said:

Yeah as I explained above that, I don't doubt pulp are playing in some capacity but unsure whether they are The Churnups...

So if it DID turn out that both Pulp and Foos have secret slots, that really would be quite something… perhaps even unprecedented for secret appearances? Anyone recall a year that could compare? 

1 hour ago, ivepiercedmyfootonaspike said:

To add fuel to the fire, Google Absolute Radio Churnups and it shows this. I can't open the link though.

https://imgur.com/gallery/cNKpVo0

If you search “the churnups open their” on twitter you get a tweet from the Glastobation account. Sadly just a fan account hoping for the Foo’s, not evidence.

25 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Doesn't compare though, Pulp and Foos are a streets ahead combination. I'll be wherever, if both secrets set come through however.

Remember that 2011 was before Radiohead sh*t the bed. Once you factor that in, it's about the same level.

58 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Well as long as I find out before wasting an hour or more to see the start of someone i’m not interested in seeing, i’m happy to play it by ear until then…

If its truly a secret until the day I'll be more than happy to stand through an hour to get that surprise feeling.

The only issue would be loads of disappointed people if it is Pulp, because I imagine there'll be people there expecting the likes of the 1975. I'd prefer to know also

39 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Have we gone away form the RHCP idea?

We have the pyramid from Flea and my random spot of RHCP in the Churnups... beyond that nothing at other than in Europe and free. Blur are equally the same we have a link to Cheese and the fact they are now free. Foos potential hotel thing but last year we had the same from Eminem out of Bristol (which I heard from locals also) so not necessarily on that train but the Churn band link is possible.

Otherwise, its Pulp and the denial from Nick does not dent the chances, and not a perfect word play but enough to cause this thread!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If its truly a secret until the day I'll be more than happy to stand through an hour to get that surprise feeling.

The only issue would be loads of disappointed people if it is Pulp, because I imagine there'll be people there expecting the likes of the 1975. I'd prefer to know also

You think there’d be loads of disappointed people if it was Pulp instead of the 1975?! Eh?

5 minutes ago, Ashl said:

We have the pyramid from Flea and my random spot of RHCP in the Churnups... beyond that nothing at other than in Europe and free. Blur are equally the same we have a link to Cheese and the fact they are now free. Foos potential hotel thing but last year we had the same from Eminem out of Bristol (which I heard from locals also) so not necessarily on that train but the Churn band link is possible.

Otherwise, its Pulp and the denial from Nick does not dent the chances, and not a perfect word play but enough to cause this thread!

Thanks, That's very well summed up, so good in-fact it should be Pinned to the top of the tread 👏