The churnups

a6l6e6x

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

have we ruled out Soft Play (formerly Slaves) and Nothing But Thieves for that woodsies slot? 

Don’t think Soft Play would really warrant a high profile TBA slot at this point tbh. Nothing But Thieves seem about the right size though if they’re going for slightly smaller ones this year, although tbh the net of acts that size is so big that it could be speculated to death (as I’m sure it will). 

20 hours ago, gordong said:

I think it’s Pulp. The only thing that gives me some indication is could be Foo Fighters is the fact that I recently signed up to hear more about their unannounced UK dates. But they have no other UK solo or festival shows, so what are they waiting on to announce them? Unless they’re being announced post-Glastonbury surprise show.

Also, people need to stop talking about that Twitter account which is clearly a wind up. 

https://store.on-repeat.co.uk/collections/foo-fighters

The Rock am Ring / Rock im Park gigs the Foo Fighters are playing this weekend were promoted and sold as their only European headline dates.  Contractually they probably have to play these first before they can announce/sell their own dates.

12 minutes ago, Pjonze said:

The Rock am Ring / Rock im Park gigs the Foo Fighters are playing this weekend were promoted and sold as their only European headline dates.  Contractually they probably have to play these first before they can announce/sell their own dates.

Oh interesting, that would make sense then. Pulp it is. 

44 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

With the info we have on the Friday Woodsies TBA (band, not huge) and looking at the bands around and touring, I can’t look past Bombay Bicycle Club/TDCC. Trying to brainstorm others who’d be playing a similar sized slot to courteeners, who would still generate some sort of excitement in an unannounced slot on a Friday night/try and split crowds from the pyramid ever so slightly. Not to say either of those are going to cause much excitement, but if the info we’re given is not to expect someone the size of Blur, Pulp, 1975, Florence etc I can’t really think of any other bands a few tiers down who’d fit into that slot. Others who have played the festival/may be around too who would potentially do that slot would possibly be Tame Impala (doubtful, no dates), Interpol (not mentioned at all), Frank Ferdinand, Bon Iver (germany the week before).

Aware that this is a churnups thread sorry, I’m just starting to become more puzzled by this TBA than the churnups themselves. Has to be either Foos or Pulp at this point now.

Bombay seemingly fell out with the fest

30 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

have we ruled out Soft Play (formerly Slaves) and Nothing But Thieves for that woodsies slot? 

Good shout

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t think Soft Play would really warrant a high profile TBA slot at this point tbh. Nothing But Thieves seem about the right size though if they’re going for slightly smaller ones this year, although tbh the net of acts that size is so big that it could be speculated to death (as I’m sure it will). 

They haven't been about for a while and have done secret sets before at Reading (melvin) so i think this is a fair shout.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Personally I think Wet Leg would fit that Woodsies slot. The Park was absolutely rammed for them last year and they've only got bigger since. Seems like quite a surprise they're not on the poster at all.

Harry Styles (who they’re touring with) is likely to come out with Lizzo for a song. Maybe a reason they’re not announced as to not spoil the HS appearance?

9 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Harry Styles (who they’re touring with) is likely to come out with Lizzo for a song. Maybe a reason they’re not announced as to not spoil the HS appearance?

They’re his support act rather than his band, so I really can’t see this having anything to do with it at all. 

2 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

If I'm missing The Comet Is Coming for anyone other than Pulp, I'll be very annoyed.

This. Except i might get a shift and be working. If i can work while its the Foos or the Chili Peppers, that's absolutely fine: if im working during Pulp i might cry a bit. It should be lovely n quiet at The Comet Is Coming if everyone else is at the pyramid wondering who itll be

2 hours ago, StevieGed said:

With the info we have on the Friday Woodsies TBA (band, not huge) and looking at the bands around and touring, I can’t look past Bombay Bicycle Club/TDCC. Trying to brainstorm others who’d be playing a similar sized slot to courteeners, who would still generate some sort of excitement in an unannounced slot on a Friday night/try and split crowds from the pyramid ever so slightly. Not to say either of those are going to cause much excitement, but if the info we’re given is not to expect someone the size of Blur, Pulp, 1975, Florence etc I can’t really think of any other bands a few tiers down who’d fit into that slot.

I'd say James but they're on in Bristol the Friday night (makes me wonder about the Saturday TBA though)

37 minutes ago, turricandanx said:

It's got to be Pulp, the foo fighters link is rubbish

Yeah I think a lot of us are 100% on its Pulp. 

While it's fine for others to dream and speculate I hope they dont turn up at that set expecting anyone other than Pulp.

They are the common sense choice.  

I think people need to take the tweat denying it with a pinch of salt.....

Edited by AVALON.G

6 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Yeah I think a lot of us are 100% on its Pulp. 

While it's fine for others to dream and speculate I hope they dont turn up at that set expecting anyone other than Pulp.

They are the common sense choice.  

I think people need to take the tweat denying it with a pinch of salt.....

Nick Banks doth protest too much, methinks.

Hopefully their ticket sales went well today, certainly wouldn’t want a festival announcement to hinder them…

3 hours ago, LetsGoToMars said:

I can't see Foos bringing their entire band and crew over for a single, unpublicised, low-paying gig, in a slot that doesn't give them enough time to put on their traditional show. Dave and friends....maybe? But not "Foo Fighters".

Or, more likely, Pulp.

Was Cheese and Grain not out the way?

The small free gigs they did as the holy shits, they definitely have history of doings these things for the love of it, they've got enough money.

They wanted to headline, told no and this is the next best thing for them imo.

38 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

I can't see Foos bringing their entire band and crew over for a single, unpublicised, low-paying gig, in a slot that doesn't give them enough time to put on their traditional show. Dave and friends....maybe? But not "Foo Fighters".

Or, more likely, Pulp.

Nah man that's actually right up the Foo Fighters street imo, Dave would be all over it. 

They absolutely love playing. 

Edited by Xeph1995

20 minutes ago, august1 said:

Was Cheese and Grain not out the way?

The small free gigs they did as the holy shits, they definitely have history of doings these things for the love of it, they've got enough money.

They wanted to headline, told no and this is the next best thing for them imo.

True, but that was to publicise a massive, global, headline show. And they could put on their usual 2.5hour+ performance.

I wasnt aware of the holy shits shows....interesting. I'm definitely not saying it's out of the question, I wouldn't have expected Dave to come over just to play 2 songs with Macca but he did just that (although who would turn down the chance to play the world's most famous festival with a Beatle). So I definitely could be proven wrong...but it doesn't feel likely in my opinion.

3 hours ago, StevieGed said:

With the info we have on the Friday Woodsies TBA (band, not huge) and looking at the bands around and touring, I can’t look past Bombay Bicycle Club/TDCC. Trying to brainstorm others who’d be playing a similar sized slot to courteeners, who would still generate some sort of excitement in an unannounced slot on a Friday night/try and split crowds from the pyramid ever so slightly. Not to say either of those are going to cause much excitement, but if the info we’re given is not to expect someone the size of Blur, Pulp, 1975, Florence etc I can’t really think of any other bands a few tiers down who’d fit into that slot. Others who have played the festival/may be around too who would potentially do that slot would possibly be Tame Impala (doubtful, no dates), Interpol (not mentioned at all), Frank Ferdinand, Bon Iver (germany the week before).

Aware that this is a churnups thread sorry, I’m just starting to become more puzzled by this TBA than the churnups themselves. Has to be either Foos or Pulp at this point now.

DMAs are active in the UK and have a Glasto shaped hole that Friday night - subbed for 'Two Door Cinema Club' last Saturday at Live At Leeds and pulled a large crowd. 

If anything Damon has more form popping up in different guises than Jarvis does - with Bobby Womack, Good the Bad and Queen, Syrian Orchestra, Live at Worthy Farm etc.

Except of course that Dave has d@bbed down the idea.

But then......it would be one way of Blur playing again without the pressure of having to top 2009.

43 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If anything Damon has more form popping up in different guises than Jarvis does - with Bobby Womack, Good the Bad and Queen, Syrian Orchestra, Live at Worthy Farm etc.

Except of course that Dave has d@bbed down the idea.

But then......it would be one way of Blur playing again without the pressure of having to top 2009.

Missed this, what did Dave say? 

1 hour ago, LetsGoToMars said:

True, but that was to publicise a massive, global, headline show. And they could put on their usual 2.5hour+ performance.

I wasnt aware of the holy shits shows....interesting. I'm definitely not saying it's out of the question, I wouldn't have expected Dave to come over just to play 2 songs with Macca but he did just that (although who would turn down the chance to play the world's most famous festival with a Beatle). So I definitely could be proven wrong...but it doesn't feel likely in my opinion.

I agree that it’s very much up their street. I saw them play a secret set at V in 2007 as 606 to an audience of a couple of hundred. This was in addition to them subbing…ahem… Coldplay!