Wednesday Recommendations

12 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Wow, Downlow open on Wednesday! I wouldn't have thought it. I've often looked at the queue, but wondered if it was worth the wait. That said, last year missing Honey DJ with Rosin Murphy hurt.

Yep, it's open Wednesday. There was a hell of a queue still but we had the drinks on and made friends with the people around us and it was totally worth it. Not many of the bigger venues open on the wednesday but it was a good night to visit NYCD while it was 'slightly'less busy. Gotta be done 😊

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

16 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

Last year we did the whole 'gotta take new people up the hill to show them the full view of the site' thing and it was packed to beyond being that fun, and a pain to get in/out/to toilets. The view of the fireworks also isn't great, as they've being fired off from so close to the hill.

What other spots are good to watch the fireworks, I was thinking maybe across the valley in the wood(sies) area?

We walked past a lot of people getting ready to watch them from the Arcadia field last year (Whilst we were en route to the Stone Circle!)

16 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

Last year we did the whole 'gotta take new people up the hill to show them the full view of the site' thing and it was packed to beyond being that fun, and a pain to get in/out/to toilets. The view of the fireworks also isn't great, as they've being fired off from so close to the hill.

What other spots are good to watch the fireworks, I was thinking maybe across the valley in the wood(sies) area?

we watched from the railway line last year ... you could see the full panorama . didnt want to battle the Park crowds 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grayfitz said:

The vibes in West Holts Bar were amazing on the Wednesday night last year.

2019 we spent a great couple of hours in this bar on the Weds eve. Then headed over to Rocket Lounge who had a band playing.

We ended that Weds night in some random tent in Green fields (I think) where a woman was playing piano and the tent was packed with everyone singing along, literally hanging from the rafters so to speak… one of those places I’m not sure I could ever find again!

15 hours ago, rmartin1803 said:

We done strummerville on the wed before the foreworks was chill with a dj on 

Thanks, it's a nice spot to unwind with the fire and sofas. I stopped off several times when we were up at Worthy view.

16 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

We went to the Rum Shack and NYC Downlow on the Wednesday night last year. Wicked night! 

I remember going to NYC Downlow on the Wednesday in 2017 but remember it being a lot quieter due to the noise restrictions and there not being any of the usual entertainment onstage. Was it like that last year?

8 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

The West Holts crew bar had a quiz on Weds evening last year [we won], if you've got a pass that'll get you in and you like a quiz then get yourself along.

I was at that! Was quietly enjoying a relaxing pint, when a quiz started. Four friendly young guys at my table were more than happy to let me join their team, hoping that my age and experience would prove beneficial. They were sadly disappointed. Good fun though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2019 said:

Wow, Downlow open on Wednesday! I wouldn't have thought it. I've often looked at the queue, but wondered if it was worth the wait. That said, last year missing Honey DJ with Rosin Murphy hurt.

It’s just a soft launch really to test everything out

37 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I remember going to NYC Downlow on the Wednesday in 2017 but remember it being a lot quieter due to the noise restrictions and there not being any of the usual entertainment onstage. Was it like that last year?

19 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

We walked past a lot of people getting ready to watch them from the Arcadia field last year (Whilst we were en route to the Stone Circle!)

26 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

And they're set off from the Pyramid? Or the hill? 

Arcadia field is the best place to watch in my opinion… you can see all 3 sets from there. 
2BF246BE-3CF1-4061-9430-256E00AC71FB.thumb.jpeg.2337276e44426c76f014f8a68c3a9105.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

Arcadia field is the best place to watch in my opinion… you can see all 3 sets from there. 
2BF246BE-3CF1-4061-9430-256E00AC71FB.thumb.jpeg.2337276e44426c76f014f8a68c3a9105.jpeg

I've only been to  Glastonbury 4 times and have only ever watched them from the tipi field sat around a big burning log but that looks brilliant👍

Edited by gazzared

19 hours ago, grayfitz said:

The vibes in West Holts Bar were amazing on the Wednesday night last year.

this is where we ended up last 2 times! its great. we are going to switch it up this year and try one of the options listed here!

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

It's quite difficult for me to get the best view.

I'm always on shift and have two choices, either stay in Dragon Field with a restricted view or steward in the chaos on the hill.

The former wins every time.