The Glade lineup - 2023

ghostdancer1

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

Makes sense, not sure in my 8 years that I've ever been - quite nice when these acts move around

It's a decent area, great fun with the rave tree as well.

It's good to move 'em, as much as I love the Dubs I don't necessarily think it's great when bands basically get a residency at a stage!  Although there is something special about them under the trees!

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

Glade seem to have something against (old) psytrance this year?

can usually count on at least Tristan being there.

(i say "old" as there very well may be some psytrance artists on there but i am not up on the current scene to happy to be told otherwise!).

Liquid Ross - will be class.

Ben

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Surprised that Stanton Warriors aren't on there as historically they very often played there - they've confirmed on Facebook that they're attending. Trying to think what other stage they could play!

They played Bimble Inn a few years back at about 3am, we were just having a last drink and suddenly the tent filled with lots of people in a very different place from us. I think it was after the Chems on the Other and we couldn’t get going in that sense after a very big Friday 

Just now, Barneym said:

They played Bimble Inn a few years back at about 3am, we were just having a last drink and suddenly the tent filled with lots of people in a very different place from us. I think it was after the Chems on the Other and we couldn’t get going in that sense after a very big Friday 

Nice! that sounds awesome. I first saw them at the Masked Ball in Porthleven in 2012, which was based on the side of a cliff. Loved them ever since 😄

50 minutes ago, Nerraw2525 said:

He's been doing Hybrid show for last year or so. Basically uses drum machines and synths in addition to DJing

As someone with a strong interest in the production of music, but little knowledge into the creation of live electronic stuff, this is akin to fucking witchcraft

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Funky House. My mate went and said he was good.

K-Klass have confirmed that they are playing with the full band. Not a DJ Set. 

Yeah just saw that.  Saw them play live back in '92 so will have to check them out again!  Love random surprise bookings like that

Hope Carl Cox isn't Thursday night.

Sasha / Digweed was just too busy last year, I could see the same happening this year if it's CC.

Friday night headline slot works for me, easy to get to after Fred and possibly not overwhelmingly busy as many will head over to Camelphat...

Just now, Nice hymer said:

Sasha / Digweed was just too busy last year, I could see the same happening this year if it's CC.

Friday night headline slot works for me, easy to get to after Fred and possibly not overwhelmingly busy as many will head over to Camelphat...

He is Friday

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nice hymer said:

Pretty sure he is Friday.  Example is the Thursday big act 

7 minutes ago, nilolium said:

Great, thanks a lot. Do you have some more Psytrance recommendations?

I'm not sure there's much else on the Glade Dome poster, other than Liquid Ross (who is excellent) and Lorraine, who looks nothing  like a psytrance DJ, but has been doing this for years. She always had a set in the old Glade lounge.

Typically, there is one night with at least two psytrance sets, previously traditionally on the Thursday, and last year on the Sunday, with Regan and Tristan. That was spectacularly good, with an amazing post-headliner crowd all really up for some proper psytrance, and the sound system on the new stage delivering.

I'm hoping that there will be a similar, at least two-set scheduling again this year.

Ben

• Thanks 1

Very happy with Dreadzone, Cassetteboy for the giggles,Carl Cox Hybrid set, Don Letts, Mantra of the Cosmos, Liquid Ross and The Steve Hillage Band.

Just realised Mantra otC will likely headline Sat or SUn so I have a big clash.

Edited by Breeze