Money to take this with food prices rising

Respectfatfrog

45 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Luckily in some ways as soon as my daughter turns up I'm pretty much teetotal so that saves a bit 

100% props to you my friend. Going to glasto with your pregnant partner/wife...on her due date! 

Edited by Scrump

Fully expect to end up somewhere between 350 and 400. Any less is a bonus.

4 or 5 pints each day (£35), one big meal and a mini munch each day (£20), £15 on miscellaneous shite each day (postcards, cheeky wee cocktail, mixer for spirits that I'll be bringing with me, etc etc). 

Like some previous posters this is my main holiday of the year so I don't grudge the spending. 

I’m expecting £6-£7 a pint (£6 at creamfields last year) but will be bringing some beer, DMF & coke and some spirits. But that will be for the 1st couple of days - if we can keep it coolish. 

I’m still expecting to be spending up to £100 per day. 
based on your experience, is everywhere contactless now? Or should I also take some cash?

4 minutes ago, lendan said:

I’m expecting £6-£7 a pint (£6 at creamfields last year) but will be bringing some beer, DMF & coke and some spirits. But that will be for the 1st couple of days - if we can keep it coolish. 

based on your experience, is everywhere contactless now? Or should I also take some cash?

Cash is king! 

I think 90% of stalls take card if not everywhere, I always try and use cash for the smaller stall holders so they don't loose out more 

4 minutes ago, lendan said:

take a bit of cash as backup id suggest some bars had contactless failure 

5 minutes ago, lendan said:

Most places are contactless, worth taking some cash in case issues with payment systems although there are cashpoints there.

5 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Cash is king! 

I think 90% of stalls take card if not everywhere, I always try and use cash for the smaller stall holders so they don't loose out more 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

take a bit of cash as backup id suggest some bars had contactless failure 

5 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Most places are contactless, worth taking some cash in case issues with payment systems although there are cashpoints there.

Thanks all 👌

2 hours ago, Respectfatfrog said:

I treat glasto as my holiday so I go for it really but I'm away with work in miami 2 weeks before so I need to make sure I expense everything on that trip 

I know what you mean I’m on my 4 work trip this month and had to pay for flights up front. I will be the definition of a payday millionaire. 

Most food stalls took contactless last year, but I didn't manage to get a single drink from an "official" festival bar (i.e. any of those by any of the main stages) using contactless - it seemed to go down on Friday around lunchtime, and never came back.  

Which in this day and age, isn't great - hopefully they might sort it out, but I'll definitely be bringing cash

2 hours ago, Respectfatfrog said:

I was suggesting 8 quid as a safe bet to be fair not an attempt to start a revolution 

Haha no worries, just wanted to reaffirm it wasn't true as a lot of people seemed to be taking it seriously 🙂

1 hour ago, lendan said:

Just get mixer from the co-op as thats cool 🙂

was creamfields actually £6? r&l and all the other live nation ones were £6.50 carlsberg, £6.80 somersby. maybe because its quite far up north cheaper / as its a dance festival. I always thought they charged the same.

Theres no way it will be £6 after being £6 this year, its definitely going up. Given how high inflation is i wouldn't be shocked if it jumped up 50p. Not sure why i'm fussed i think i had one bar drink last year haha

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Haha no worries, just wanted to reaffirm it wasn't true as a lot of people seemed to be taking it seriously 🙂

Just get mixer from the co-op as thats cool 🙂

was creamfields actually £6? r&l and all the other live nation ones were £6.50 carlsberg, £6.80 somersby. maybe because its quite far up north cheaper / as its a dance festival. I always thought they charged the same.

Theres no way it will be £6 after being £6 this year, its definitely going up. Given how high inflation is i wouldn't be shocked if it jumped up 50p. Not sure why i'm fussed i think i had one bar drink last year haha

I’m sure it was £6, then again I had plenty before we got in!

agree, an extra 50p per drink, I’m not fussed, we go to festivals/gigs knowing it will be expensive. As this is my 1st and possibly only glasto (so difficult to get tix) I’m making the most of it! 

the plan is to by just the mixers, especially later in the day, a few cold pints during the day. 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

You sure about that lol. 

Prob spent £25 a day on meals. And I dont drink so that save loads of money right there alone. All those crisps that got snuck in came in handy.

You honestly think it will have gone up 33% when inflation is 10%

Its glastonbury not coachella mate, not every festival is actively trying to fleece their core audience

TBF I expect the bars will be £7 a pint this year.  It wouldn't shock me if it was more.

We always take a fair bit with us in a big coolbox and leave some boxes in the car so we can go back and fetch more come Fri/Sat if needs be.  Bags of ice from the Co-op and we're sorted.  I always swap to a hip flask of spiced rum for the subs/headliners as it reduces the need for piss breaks and can fit in a pocket.  Then hit the bars for the late night/early hours stuff.

One thing I don't scrimp on a Glasto is the food.  It's an indulgence, but there's such a wide variety of great stuff on offer and I can't resist.  For me & Mrs 4AM I've budgeted £750 for the 5 days on food/drink/merch and that's expecting to be drinking our own stash most of the time.

18 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

I was thinking 400 is probably okay, I don't plan to go crazy on the pints, all though I like a cold one I usually just bring my own spirits and buy a cold mixer to save on the price. 

8 pound seems bad untill your 4 days in and only have warm tinnies left at camp.. 

Ice in the Co-op these days - cheaper than an on-site pint - for cooling those cans!

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

How much was a pint of Brothers at their own bar last year?

I’m pretty sure it was a straight fiver. Perhaps the last year they’ve managed to cling onto that as a price point . . .