The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, DJL said:

@Crazyfool01 setting up this thread was prompted by me asking earlier where the details of the meet was as we are getting close to the festival and normally there is a thread. There was no ego in it from him and he was clearly just trying to bring the community together.

Why ask someone nothing to do with the running of this place about something to do with the running of this place.

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

You could have asked beforez you always wanted it to be about you.i just titled it better for you. The new owner was named in the announcement post the other day.

@Neilouldn't you have simply titled it

"Ridge and Furrow meet, Wed 21st June from 6pm"

He was just trying to arrange a nice thing as others had asked him to and you know him - he just wants to look forward to the festival and many of us are grateful that he's been such a helpful member ensuring we can too. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

Why ask someone nothing to do with the running of this place about something to do with the running of this place.

I asked it on an open thread. If anything it’s a compliment to you that he suggested the day and time that you had done previously. 

People want to meet up, crazy fool wants people to meet up, you (apparently) want people to meet up. I don’t see a problem 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by DJL

12 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

Dictatorship is never a good look. Nor is petulance. 🙄

good management is a reason for success; when so many others have fallen away over the years that efests has been here.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

While it's certainly possible I misread and/or misremembered things, I had the impression that it was unlikely you'd be arranging something this year. Apparently I got that wrong - but I don't think I'm the only one who would have come to a conclusion like that based on your various posts over the past ~6 months.

In that scenario, someone else taking it upon themselves to start a thread giving details of a meetup (that as best I can tell are the exact same as the previous several years) doesn't seem in any way unreasonable.

3 minutes ago, incident said:

doesn't seem in any way unreasonable.

if i made a post that implied I'm involved in the running of Tesco's, mr Tesco would have a right to be pissed off especially if he'd asked me previously not to do that..

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, Scrump said:

Oh God. This place sometimes!

Imagine being one of the people who'd like to turn up but were super nervous. They're not coming now are they!

This!

Does it really matter who started the thread? The objective was the same whoever authored the post, and that is to set up a time and place for the good people of the efests community to meet up at the greatest party on earth. 

As a meet-up first timer, I just want to feel confident that I’m going to meet good, like-minded people without intimidation and conflict. I’m fully aware @Crazyfool01 is not the owner or mod of the site but he is a big part of what makes this community welcoming and friendly.

Can’t we all just get along nicely? The world is tough enough as it is.

Edited by broken monkey
Just to note: this comes from a place of positivity
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Neil said:

People meeting at the R&F isn’t anything to do with this website, which is the extent of your personal fiefdom 🤷‍♂️ 

Unless you’re suggesting you have authority over where people go and who they are inside the fence? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

if i made a post that implied I'm involved in the running of Tesco's, mr Tesco would have a right to be pissed off especially if he'd asked me previously not to do that..

you asked me not to .... you announced the place was sold . I waited till it was so as to not offend you , when it was asked today about it an efest meet I setup this thread . 

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

good management is a reason for success; when so many others have fallen away over the years that efests has been here.

Siri, show me the definition of irony. 

Edited by blutarsky

Well, providing that I'm not on shift I will be at @Crazyfool01's meet where I will enjoy meeting the lovely people that I've met on this forum (it used to be such a nice place) over the years. 

I've had enough though of the sourness and pettiness of the former owner, I had hoped that with the sale he could bring himself to move on. For now I will avoid the site that shall not be named until said former owner no longer has any admin powers. I hope to be back on here someday, but in the meantime I look forward to meeting up with those of you who have a smile on their face at the Ridge & Furrow.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

This!

Does it really matter who started the thread? The objective was the same whoever authored the post, and that is to set up a time and place for the good people of the efests community to meet up at the greatest party on earth. 

As a meet-up first timer, I just want to feel confident that I’m going to meet good, like-minded people without intimidation and conflict. I’m fully aware @Crazyfool01 is not the owner or mod of the site but he is a big part of what makes this community welcoming and friendly.

Can’t we all just get along nicely? The world is tough enough as it is.

Hi @broken monkey 

Just to reassure you that, should you choose to pitch up to the Ridge and Furrow around 6pm on the Wednesday, you will meet loads of people from the forum, all of whom are there simply to get together and have a fun few hours to begin the festival. It's smashing. There will be no silly nonsense. Please do come. 

Ben

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi @broken monkey 

Just to reassure you that, should you choose to pitch up to the Ridge and Furrow around 6pm on the Wednesday, you will meet loads of people from the forum, all of whom are there simply to get together and have a fun few hours to begin the festival. It's smashing. There will be no silly nonsense. Please do come. 

Ben

absolutely this Ben 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Right, this is all getting a bit confusing for first timers...

So are we looking out for Efests T-shirts, or are we looking for Crazyfool01 T-Shirts???

Tempted with a crazyfool01 T-shirt to cement his influencer status 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

This has been a fucking insane read.

Word Joey. I will be heading for the pyramid hat and avoiding anyone who looks like they could start a fight in a (well intentioned) empty room.

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi @broken monkey 

Ben

Hey Ben, 

As a first timer this is nice to read. We will do our best to get there and meet some of you. 

29 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Siri, show me the definition of irony. 

Show me someone else that put themselves in the line of fire for heaps of abuse to keep this place on the rails while other places failed decades ago.