woodsies

Crazyfool01

3 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

I appreciate that, but have they done any shows outside London? Some of my favourite bands in the North have done sold out tours and had number one albums but haven't managed to get a slot on that stage, which is probably the natural spot for a first Glastonbury appearance, especially now Williams Green is no longer running.

The Lathums are popular I don't wanna hear any moaning about how Northern acts don't get chances 

13 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I’m a little baffled as to why people think Maneskin are going to get a mega crowd? I get the impression they’re an efest bubble band. Not one of my group have heard of them. 

I think they’re dogshit but they’re undeniably a huge band and will pack out that tent.

30 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Great to hear - Slowdive it is then 😁 

Yeah I forgot that Sunday Pyramid is already sorted at that time.  You obviously know who is on The Other at that time then?

Subbing, TWOD or 3rd Becky Hill

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

Agreed - must see for me.  Brilliant booking.  Why do I get this feeling though that CRJ will wind up on the Other or Pyramid around the same time.

I’m worried about similar, panicked that CRJ will be on one of the big two clashing with Maneskin. Somebody find out when she’s on and put me out of my misery!! 

Edited by king_oxymoron

42 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I’ve just googled them. Won Eurovision? Big European contingent in London. Good knock all the same but I’m not sure they get a packed out tent

They're one of the small handful of acts that have transcended the competition.  This explains it quite well:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/09/maneskin-review-o2-arena-london-eurovision

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Not sure what this is...  presume it will be adding some atmosphere to the woods

I googled the name too and was also perplexed. This is what is on the website - 

image.thumb.png.8e6ee213f1547abf65813c1e12058e0e.png

Not sure what kind of blessing the Woods is gonna get. This woman talks of peace and love etc, but pretty sure those pyramids were the site of mass human sacrifices... Quetzalcoatl was the patron God of the Aztec priesthood... again... not exactly a peaceful bunch... 

Plenty I want to see from this announcement.

Another shout for Slowdive , that was a lovely surprise and Sunday teatime is a good slot for their dreamy sounds when the energy is fading a bit !

A good 6 or 7 others I may see as well , clashes permitting. Editors & Working mens club hope to see as long as the clash gods are kind !

6 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I’m a little baffled as to why people think Maneskin are going to get a mega crowd? I get the impression they’re an efest bubble band. Not one of my group have heard of them. 

I agree, I’m not sure it’ll be as packed as suggested. 

11 hours ago, TheBoz said:

Maneskin going to be rammed

Was thinking the same.  I saw them at the O2 on Monday.  20,000 people came to see them....   Was really hoping they'd be on the Pyramid or at least one of the outdoor stages.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're one of the small handful of acts that have transcended the competition.  This explains it quite well:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/09/maneskin-review-o2-arena-london-eurovision

And another fab review of that amazing O2 show.  When I saw the John Peel announcement I immediately had visions of Mumford & Sons playing there just before they got really big.... Busiest I have ever seen that tent.

https://www.rollingstone.co.uk/music/live-reviews/maneskin-live-in-london-new-gen-of-rock-heroes-emerge-triumphant-29052/?fbclid=IwAR1HauUFHtwyRcEVSJ0h2Il5lyIzagSMmkTXeXpxNpRvtjycZ3iu6PG53fI

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Good q. Puts them either High Park, mid Other or Low Pyramid.  

Unless they appeared on the poster as a bit of ghost wording from 2014.

We can only hope somebody did a copy and paste job from 2017 and forgot to edit out Alt J and Royal Blood. 

• Upvote 2

Spent last night listening to Wunderhorse & Slowdive for the first time, very good! Combined with Shame, & Murder Capital the JPT is looking as strong as it's been for quite a few years for me. Bit samey with Courteeners, Hot Chip, Phoenix, Editors, but all very solid bookings for people that are going for the first time. It's probably a stronger line up than most entire festivals put on.