Site Map 2023

Dukeicon

4 hours ago, KidneyTerra said:

I’m convinced they release the map knowing that all the anoraks (compliment) on here will point out all the errors enabling them to release a more accurate version 2.  The detailed analysis is next level/boarder line obsessive (compliment).

I agree with some relish (complement) but find your language a little salty (condiment)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, KidneyTerra said:

I’m convinced they release the map knowing that all the anoraks (compliment) on here will point out all the errors enabling them to release a more accurate version 2.  The detailed analysis is next level/boarder line obsessive (compliment).

Murphys law suggests that to get an answer on the internet you’re better of posting the wrong answer than the question itself

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Also, thinking about it now, but does Darble become super unattractive to people if they have to do a loop just to get out of their campsite. Seems totally unnecessary. You have to go around just to get into the festival proper.

image.png.8d133d56005278397fc32b857b9801c4.png

You'd expect a walk way along the hedge line but yeah its still not great 

9 hours ago, svphie said:

why don't they ever add the co-op on there? also really can't remember where it was last time

I went there for the first time last year- quite by accident. I was heading for my tent for jumpers etc.  and there I was- in a shop! I felt confused and shuffled out ASAP. I should stick with the wife.

19 hours ago, cerv said:

Yeah yeah ok, I’m only having a moan because this is the fourth time I’ve had to move on from a usual area due to a site reconfig. I’ll get over it come June 🙂 

I know how you feel. We were in Dragons for several years- then forced uphill to Williams or whatever it was called also for several years. Taken!

1 hour ago, Ged Devereux said:

You'd expect a walk way along the hedge line but yeah its still not great 

To be honest, I can't remember if the road VG5 is tree/bush lined or not, and if you can access it following the hedgerow to the south of Darble. Either way, it would put me off camping there, unless my main haunts were Woodsies/Pyramid/Silver Hayes. 

20 minutes ago, Boris said:

I went there for the first time last year- quite by accident. I was heading for my tent for jumpers etc.  and there I was- in a shop! I felt confused and shuffled out ASAP. I should stick with the wife.

Did you do the awkward guilty shuffle out when you wander into a shop and feel naughty for not buying anything? 😅

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Did you do the awkward guilty shuffle out when you wander into a shop and feel naughty for not buying anything? 😅

Pretty much! I really didn't mean to be walking into the shop!

10 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

why's that cycling space increased .....? always seemed to have ample space in there .... happy to be corrected 

From the 2019 hi res pic, looks like it was that size then, too. So likely no actual change.
I think the 2022 map must have shown it smaller, but it was probably the same size 2019,22,& now 23.

10 minutes ago, Mike A said:

From the 2019 hi res pic, looks like it was that size then, too. So likely no actual change.
I think the 2022 map must have shown it smaller, but it was probably the same size 2019,22,& now 23.

There's certainly precedent for the map to be reactive and only show changes after they've already happened.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:39 PM, Dukeicon said:

Here's your 2023 - 2022 comparison

MdeNOqF.gif

It looks like several of the lockups are moving location, mostly to the other side of paths, and one (Wicket Ground) looks like its moving a fair distance (to get it out of the new disabled camping area, presumably).

Slightly updated version of the Map out (v1.1).

Glastonbury-Webmap-2023_V1.1.png

As far as I can tell, the only things to change are the addition of the Blue Route car entry road and West 32 car park shrinking as the right hand side of it has now been marked 'out of bounds'

46 minutes ago, andymk said:

Slightly updated version of the Map out (v1.1).

Glastonbury-Webmap-2023_V1.1.png

As far as I can tell, the only things to change are the addition of the Blue Route car entry road and West 32 car park shrinking as the right hand side of it has now been marked 'out of bounds'

Yep, I can't see any other changes either