Site Map 2023

Dukeicon

1 hour ago, mazola said:

How the hell did I miss this, this looks incredible. what was the web site?

Think it was https://visualskies.nira.app/a/tEql55D5SbuwIE8Rt-biJA/1

As soon as word got out the site crashed under pressure and was locked shortly after. Such a shame.

A few people saying how spacious it is, which I guess it is compared to the central sites, but like Gnomicide says, these all have guy ropes around them and not much room for other tents to go in. I'm guessing people don't bother with them in the busier sites?

I found the screen shot I did of our camp. 

This is in Paines, what you can't see on here is we had a massive flag pole in that space in the middle plus we had a camp fire. A late arrival squoze their tent in when they got there.

Screenshot_20230517_123827_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.6d689ead1f17c3e78d6ee2b89cf3c802.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

This is in Paines, what you can't see on here is we had a massive flag pole in that space in the middle plus we had a camp fire. A late arrival squoze their tent in when they got there.

Screenshot_20230517_123827_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.6d689ead1f17c3e78d6ee2b89cf3c802.jpg

Some of the tent corners in that photo are a disgrace.

But not in our camp.

Ben 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Is it bad that I can't work out which the offending tent is...looks like there could be a few candidates there!

2 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Wow that must have been busy, or totally secret!

He was part of the Shaun Keaveny set with Cold War Steve. He played along to a Level 42 song before the other 2 took the stage and added twangs and flourishes throughout but not a proper set.

10 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I mean, it could be the Somerset Levels. I had to look it up, but the theme could all be about wetlands, drains, sea defences - gallons of water being sprayed over people as they party it up on undulating ground.

It does roughly fit the size of the Somerset Levels area too. 

image.png.eccb8ba36fb3dced58e0959835c2b938.png

Yes! I knew we were onto something!

3 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Map v1.4 released.

Some path changes around Wicket Ground/Woodsies
Ped Gate C moved slightly
Various other Paths changed
Toilet/Water points changed slightly
Campsite Steward Bases added

HspSnEq.gif

theyve shrunk lower mead even more for public 😞 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

that walkway through Pylon Ground is going to return surely .... as the water points are on the route of where it should be 

I don’t see how if that is all staff camping, is it not just water points for the staff, otherwise it’s gonna be a fence either side and a narrow path which would be a nightmare to walk through. I’m still annoyed by this as it makes our walk from coach to Paines where we always camp much harder 

1 minute ago, Barneym said:

I don’t see how if that is all staff camping, is it not just water points for the staff, otherwise it’s gonna be a fence either side and a narrow path which would be a nightmare to walk through. I’m still annoyed by this as it makes our walk from coach to Paines where we always camp much harder 

theyve done similar by woodsies with hoarding and Harras fencing to have walkways but no access to fields just a path 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

theyve done similar by woodsies with hoarding and Harras fencing to have walkways but no access to fields just a path 

Oh ok, let’s hope so as they does seem mad if you get off the bus to not be able to go that way

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

Map v1.4 released.

Some path changes around Wicket Ground/Woodsies
Ped Gate C moved slightly
Various other Paths changed
Toilet/Water points changed slightly
Campsite Steward Bases added

HspSnEq.gif

If you now have to go all round the bottom of Woodsies to get to Wicket, that is less than ideal.