Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

54 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Saturday Woodsies TBA is the only big TBA slot with any doubt still surrounding it, so if they’re playing, it’s there, but think it’s more likely that they’re not playing at all.

If (I know big "IF") they are playing the Saturdagy Woodsies TBA, how much time beforehand should I be there to avoid not getting on the area?

14 minutes ago, sokkovokna said:

If (I know big "IF") they are playing the Saturdagy Woodsies TBA, how much time beforehand should I be there to avoid not getting on the area?

Based on when the Killers did it, if the word is out, you need to watch the act before to be inside the tent and you need to be there as that act comes off stage to get into the field

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I'm convinced this is it.

What slot do you think they will get next year that they were not able to get this year? Really don't see them headlining. I see them subbing but I also think they would have been able to get a sub spot this year if they would have wanted

7 minutes ago, sokkovokna said:

What slot do you think they will get next year that they were not able to get this year? Really don't see them headlining. I see them subbing but I also think they would have been able to get a sub spot this year if they would have wanted

They're either a lower tier headliner or a sub. Re why it didn't happen this year, who knows? If I was taking a guess, I'd say perhaps contracts for the other festivals and shows they've booked for.

If it is genuinely a cash grab (which it basically is) then no glasto does make sense

also if melvin benn is involved and latitude has them & isnt sold out, he may have had a stern word

if theyre still active next year they will still only get pyramid sub or other headliner.

they should really have been doing it this year in royal blood’s slot. 

i was convinced they were doing it but now i dont see a way. The rumoured woodsies and park TBA’s are really not acts that even need to be TBA’s - they may as well just be announced. None of them are going to be a big deal.

Edited by Memory Man

27 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

if theyre still active next year they will still only get pyramid sub or other headliner.

they should really have been doing it this year in royal blood’s slot.

Agree.

I also wonder, maybe they really did not want to do it anymore, because they want to maintain the specialness/legacy of their past Glasto performances?

So this might be a false memory but… when they last did The Park, unlike Radiohead the day before that was by no means common knowledge until the stage opened that day. By which I mean they did well to keep a lid on it until late on. So there’s still a chance?

3 minutes ago, Drinky said:

So this might be a false memory but… when they last did The Park, unlike Radiohead the day before that was by no means common knowledge until the stage opened that day. By which I mean they did well to keep a lid on it until late on. So there’s still a chance?

Honestly, my memory is we knew going in that both of those slots were likely to be Pulp and Radiohead - the main doubt was regarding which was which.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sokkovokna said:

So in 2011, Pulp were also touring and had a lot of UK dates announced just like today, with a Glasto shaped hole. Were there clear hints then? Or was everyone acting the same like today with "wtf aren't they playing?" or "why don't they flat out deny that they are playing?"

If I remember correctly (and it was a while ago, so I might not), after tickets sold out Jarvis tweeted something like "oh no, I'll have to find another way in", so that was a pretty big hint they were 1 of the secret sets.

59 minutes ago, sokkovokna said:

So in 2011, Pulp were also touring and had a lot of UK dates announced just like today, with a Glasto shaped hole. Were there clear hints then? Or was everyone acting the same like today with "wtf aren't they playing?" or "why don't they flat out deny that they are playing?"

It was exactly the same as this from memory, I followed any rumour closely and resigned myself to thinking they weren't playing, they kept it very quiet. I only found out that they were doing the secret gig once it got leaked in the paper which was when we were already on site, probably the Friday.

• Upvote 1

Agree with previous posters, we definitely knew beforehand about Radiohead and Pulp…I was lower down for Radiohead and surrounded by people who seemed to have no interest in the band at all, which was really annoying. For Pulp I went higher up the hill and it was better, although there were loads of people who didn’t seem to recognise half the songs played…meh!

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

i was convinced they were doing it but now i dont see a way. The rumoured woodsies and park TBA’s are really not acts that even need to be TBA’s - they may as well just be announced. None of them are going to be a big deal.

exactly, is anyone that excited by hozier?

4 hours ago, sokkovokna said:

Agree.

I also wonder, maybe they really did not want to do it anymore, because they want to maintain the specialness/legacy of their past Glasto performances?

Absolutely. This is firmly my stance on blur but they actually headlined in 2009. Pulp havent done an advertised set in decades, right? That one in the park was micky mouse & doesnt count

Can remember sitting by the Glastonbury sign on the Fri lunchtime and seeing NME confirm that Radiohead were playing that evening, and being pretty sure Pulp were playing the Sat.

Radiohead ended up being a bit meh, not helped by the weather, and Pulp was one of my highlights of the festival, aided by the glorious weather finally arriving.

4 hours ago, Simsy said:

If I remember correctly (and it was a while ago, so I might not), after tickets sold out Jarvis tweeted something like "oh no, I'll have to find another way in", so that was a pretty big hint they were 1 of the secret sets.

I mean, that's quite the spectacular dead giveaway. 

10 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Based on when the Killers did it, if the word is out, you need to watch the act before to be inside the tent and you need to be there as that act comes off stage to get into the field

The tent was rammed before Frank Carter came on. I'd say be there before the end of the act two before Pulp (if it's them. Which it almost certainly won't)

• Upvote 1