Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

15 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I’ll be shocked if they’re not there one way or another, slot wise is another thing. Sub Pyramid, headline Other, not sure which of those slots are still available. Would they do another secret set? 

Technically Friday pyramid sub and Sunday other headliner are still unannounced so "available " but the strong belief is that royal blood are the pyramid sub and qotsa are the Sunday other headliner. So there isn't really a natural place for them on the lineup. That would put them into secret gig territory, which they have previous for. I dunno, last year I thought they would be on the poster so now I'm sort of losing faith. I'm seeing them at latitude anyway so not too bothered but I would have loved a proper slot at glasto. 

7 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Technically Friday pyramid sub and Sunday other headliner are still unannounced so "available " but the strong belief is that royal blood are the pyramid sub and qotsa are the Sunday other headliner. So there isn't really a natural place for them on the lineup. That would put them into secret gig territory, which they have previous for. I dunno, last year I thought they would be on the poster so now I'm sort of losing faith. I'm seeing them at latitude anyway so not too bothered but I would have loved a proper slot at glasto. 

Have any big acts done multiple secret sets? Can’t think of any top of my head.

I suppose there’s always first thing Friday on the Other, which I’ve not seen claimed yet.

3 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

I suppose there’s always first thing Friday on the Other, which I’ve not seen claimed yet.

Radiohead-kind of (the first time was just Thom & Jonny Greenwood) 

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

What's behind the strong belief about Royal Blood? Has it been hinted somewhere? 

Pulp could surely fill that spot? And would also maybe help explain the coloured S5 on Nick's announcement teaser as they're both Sheffield bands?

13 minutes ago, vigo said:

What's behind the strong belief about Royal Blood? Has it been hinted somewhere? 

Pulp could surely fill that spot? And would also maybe help explain the coloured S5 on Nick's announcement teaser as they're both Sheffield bands?

That’s what I’ve been told 

5 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Everything everything have done 2 Thursdays at Williams Green. 

Jack White kind of because he played as the dead weather and solo on the pyramid. 

Radiohead as mentioned. 

I thought that the Friday other stage opener was going to be MSP. But I might have just made that up. 

6 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Don’t worry, that’s not going to be an exciting start to the festival. 

1 minute ago, MichaelsBeard said:

But if Lil Nas is supposedly nailed on to be the Elton sub and Lizzo Guns and Roses why would Royal Blood not be featured there? 

Formatting maybe ? I dunno will soon find out though . Just passing stuff on . If I’m wrong so be it , not the end of the world 

10 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Everything everything have done 2 Thursdays at Williams Green. 

Jack White kind of because he played as the dead weather and solo on the pyramid. 

Radiohead as mentioned. 

I thought that the Friday other stage opener was going to be MSP. But I might have just made that up. 

Bastille have also played WG "in secret" twice.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:18 PM, Justiceforcedave said:

Someone needs to book Blur, Pulp, Suede and [Insert active Britpop bands] onto the same lineup next year. Make it happen festival gods!

Also... there are so many non-stadium/arena Britpop-era bands gigging these days that I'm amazed that none of them have ended up in this year's Avalon (or possibly Acoustic) line-up... there's Cast, Ocean Colour Scene, Sleeper (who are incredible live, btw), Space, Shed 7, Ash, Black Grape, Echobelly, Kula Shaker, My Life Story, Northern Uproar, Symposium... plus slightly earlier bands like Inspiral Carpets, Terrorvision, Jesus Jones, James, Wonder Stuff...

Had a great time at Reef in the Avalon tent last year, so I'm surprised that we don't have at least 2 or 3 from the above in this year's Avalon or Acoustic line-up.

Edited by CR77
Added two more bands - LOL!
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CR77 said:

Also... there are so many non-stadium/arena Britpop-era bands gigging these days that I'm amazed that none of them have ended up in this year's Avalon (or possibly Acoustic) line-up... there's Cast, Ocean Colour Scene, Sleeper (who are incredible live, btw), Space, Shed 7, Ash, Black Grape, Echobelly, Kula Shaker, My Life Story, Northern Uproar, Symposium... plus slightly earlier bands like Inspiral Carpets, Terrorvision, Jesus Jones, James, Wonder Stuff...

Had a great time at Reef in the Avalon tent last year, so I'm surprised that we don't have at least 2 or 3 from the above in this year's Avalon or Acoustic line-up.

I reckon a few of them could pop up early on the other stage.  Would second catching Sleeper live - they're great fun.

17 minutes ago, Jon F said:

I reckon a few of them could pop up early on the other stage.  Would second catching Sleeper live - they're great fun.

Would be good!  Prefer the context of a late-night intimate Avalon set though...  Maybe they'll go for a Britpop-inspired line-up in 2024 or 2025 as we'll be hitting various 30th anniversaries (yikes!) at that point!