williams green ... carhenge

Crazyfool01

On 5/12/2023 at 2:01 PM, Reckoner said:

It’s the loss of the late night acts like  guilty pleasures, club de fromage, ultimate power etc for me. Amazing alternatives to dance music late at night that have given me some of my best memories. I really hope they have another space 

Guilty Pleasures has moved to The Rabbit Hole from the looks of the Park poster. 

Given how many people used to go to WG I'm surprised its gone somewhere so small

25 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

WG has become something of a staple for us, close to our old camp spot in Kidney Mead and our more recent CV East spot. I’m sure something else around that T&C area will bubble up to fill the Guilty Pleasures, Ultimate Power type of end of evening last few pints vibe.

Doreen Doreen summer house stage 👏👏👏 also the new tent at the woodsies sounds good

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Looks to me like all the cars are going to be stood up right and there’s going to be no ‘goal post structures’ so to speak.

I think that you could be right. 

To create the authentic henge look, the steel box section would have to protrude out of the front of the vertical cars which couldn't be achieved without some serious chopping about. The cars that a bunch of us saw a few weeks ago had the box section protruding from the boots, but the front of the cars were intact. 

If it was me, I'd say sod the cars, the concept is king and chop the fronts as well. I suspect that JR may have wanted that but (I could be completely wrong here) but he doesn't own all the cars. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Looks to me like all the cars are going to be stood up right and there’s going to be no ‘goal post structures’ so to speak.

Is it even a henge with no horizontals? That would be more like a sundial.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, stuie said:

Is it even a henge with no horizontals? That would be more like a sundial.

No crossbar, no henge. If that happens, it’s underwhelment squared.

4 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

No crossbar, no henge. If that happens, it’s underwhelment squared.

Definitely underwhelming. And a deviation from the concept art.  It won’t be as good as the original one, which is weird because I doubt they made such massive footings or used so much steel back in 1987? or whenever it was! 

C815BDDA-B7E4-4154-B187-EE66A8BC4D11.jpeg

I mean, surely there's going to be vertical cars added somewhere, it's like that in the drawing.

And for all the people who keep saying there's going to be a loss of an evening venue for music, the fest has said countless times there's going to be music there, and if it's outdoors, then hopefully even more ppl will enjoy it than when the tent was there, weather permitting of course.

23 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

And for all the people who keep saying there's going to be a loss of an evening venue for music, the fest has said countless times there's going to be music there, and if it's outdoors, then hopefully even more ppl will enjoy it than when the tent was there, weather permitting of course.

I refer you to the post above. From the bloke that is building it.

15 hours ago, pilton digger said:

There will be a bar with small stage, essentially Bar on The Green. There was going to be an events space, but now not this year.

I have been having a bit of a moan about losing the tent but if some sort of stage and music is still there then that will be a good compromise 👍 it's just a nice area to have beers with friends and even if you didn't go into the Williams green tent you could still soak up the atmosphere that the band's created inside 

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

I have been having a bit of a moan about losing the tent but if some sort of stage and music is still there then that will be a good compromise 👍 it's just a nice area to have beers with friends and even if you didn't go into the Williams green tent you could still soak up the atmosphere that the band's created inside 

He he, your carhenge thoughts are  "I don't want this change...but if they can compromise and include the bits I want, then it will be OK" 

I enjoyed the original, I've enjoyed plenty of acts at WG, but if something had to charge due to either crowds or budgets then I'm glad they're doing something creative. If it gives them a chance to recycle the carmaggedon vehicles and make something that younger visitors won't have seen before then more power to their elbow. 

37 minutes ago, clarkete said:

He he, your carhenge thoughts are  "I don't want this change...but if they can compromise and include the bits I want, then it will be OK" 

I enjoyed the original, I've enjoyed plenty of acts at WG, but if something had to charge due to either crowds or budgets then I'm glad they're doing something creative. If it gives them a chance to recycle the carmaggedon vehicles and make something that younger visitors won't have seen before then more power to their elbow. 

Iam just pleased it sounds like they'll be some music there 👍 getting rid of music tents could become more common though if they are struggling to keep within budget. What's happens when they say we can't afford croissant neuf or acoustic, will they just build more structures from left over scrap ?