Avalon 2023

stuie

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Was hoping to see Skinny Lister appear on the Avalon but there’s quite a few acts we would like to see, clashes allowing.

If you like Skinny Lister I can recommend that you check out Holy Moly and The Crackers. Top live act punky folk with a Balkan swing!

I missed out on tickets and have committed to a holiday that means I'm not in for the re-sale. Sad to be reminded of the demise of Avalon Café saw a few fun acts in there and enjoyed the veggie brekkies. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

If you like Skinny Lister I can recommend that you check out Holy Moly and The Crackers. Top live act punky folk with a Balkan swing!

I missed out on tickets and have committed to a holiday that means I'm not in for the re-sale. Sad to be reminded of the demise of Avalon Café saw a few fun acts in there and enjoyed the veggie brekkies. 

Yes, we’ve seen Holy Moly before so glad to see them on the line up. The Avalon cafe was ‘rebranded’ to the flying machine cafe last year, still some decent acts on. Plenty seats, Coffees , soft drinks etc, though did enjoy the old cafe brekkies. 

As someone who is entirely Avalon's demographic, it is decent.

Doesn't blow me away but it's safe to say if I have any gaps in my clashfinder, there will be something worth being at Avalon for. My only complaint (and it's me not them), is that I've already seen most of them that I'd want to be at.

I'd love The Damned to be doing the classic line-up stuff that was due last year but fear they have moved on. 

Apart from them, Lottery Winners, Eleanor, Beans, FFS, FF, Aplin, Hobo, Webster, JST, Vintage Trouble and Staple all look like a good time to me.

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Lissie - hugely recommended. One of the best voices I’ve ever heard live. Songs are fleetwood Macesque. 

Her cover of Stairway to Heaven is astonishing.

This line up makes me very happy. I would just go to this festival.

Melanie C clashing with GnR is giving me a huge headache though 🤕

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

was just about to say the same thing. HM&TC are great, saw them at BDs a few years ago

5 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

God I love them!! They make me so blooming happy 😁. They're playing Thursday at Bearded Theory.

Yeah, they’re brilliant at bringing the party! They’re not at the farm this year, I asked them on Instagram yesterday if they we’re playing and they’ve responded saying they haven’t been signed up.

Quite surprised at that considering how unique and popular they are.

17 hours ago, stuie said:

I was kind of joking, but Tories are a dying breed these days. 

People who *admit* they are ‘I’m alright Jack’ Boris-supporting assholes are in short supply. At Glastonbury even fewer of them admit it. 

A few nice chants of ‘fuck the Tories’ at the pyramid should remind them to keep a low profile. 

Maybe they could get their hero Suella to come for a quick chat on the Pyramid between acts and talk about her enthusiasm for shipping desperate humans off to Rwanda rather than just looking after them. I, for one, would be there to watch the meltdown. 

Just now, JudgeGrumpy said:

People who *admit* they are ‘I’m alright Jack’ Boris-supporting assholes are in short supply. At Glastonbury even fewer of them admit it. 

A few nice chants of ‘fuck the Tories’ at the pyramid should remind them to keep a low profile. 

Maybe they could get their hero Suella to come for a quick chat on the Pyramid between acts and talk about her enthusiasm for shipping desperate humans off to Rwanda rather than just looking after them. I, for one, would be there to watch the meltdown. 

Intimidation for holding political views creates such a wonderful atmosphere. 

• Like 2