Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

As something like this would typically need planning permission I was going over the sites application (2022/2458/FUL) submitted towards the end of last year to see if anything was mentioned. The site plan detailed has a 'W.G Artist' 175 SQM. Initially I suspected an artist tent but the other stages don't seem to have anything similar mentioned.  I'm not sure if it is related but thought it was worth adding to the speculation..

Screenshot_20230503_223240_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

5 minutes ago, pandahands said:

As something like this would typically need planning permission I was going over the sites application (2022/2458/FUL) submitted towards the end of last year to see if anything was mentioned. The site plan detailed has a 'W.G Artist' 175 SQM. Initially I suspected an artist tent but the other stages don't seem to have anything similar mentioned.  I'm not sure if it is related but thought it was worth adding to the speculation..

Screenshot_20230503_223240_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I think it's reasonable now to assume that that was referring to the foundations now going down for Carhenge v2.0

Ben

Stinks of a budget cut move really... Use the kit from an area that is no longer there to remove an area which normally has 4 days of artists on. Big big shame that as its always been a great hub. Seems another area falling into a walkway.

• Upvote 1

Just now, leej7 said:

Stinks of a budget cut move really... Use the kit from an area that is no longer there to remove an area which normally has 4 days of artists on. Big big shame that as its always been a great hub. Seems another area falling into a walkway.

The way it used during Worthy Pastures it could have been made into a nice chill zone. A walkaway/photo op is essentially what it will be.

I'm very disappointed, not with the installation and ethos around it (sounds great TBF) but with the disappearance of one of my favourite areas and it not being replaced. Last year everywhere felt very crowded and now being a venue down I can't see it being any better.

11 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I'm very disappointed, not with the installation and ethos around it (sounds great TBF) but with the disappearance of one of my favourite areas and it not being replaced. Last year everywhere felt very crowded and now being a venue down I can't see it being any better.

I am hoping that rather than this just being a budget cut, it's actually part of the solution to the overcrowding problem and acts that were on in William's Green will be spread further afield or somewhere new (perhaps somewhere in Woodsies for example?)

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Looking forward to this sanitized version of one of the greatest installations in the history of the festival.

It was indeed great. 

Feck me a lot of folks have their grumpy pants on this week. 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2023 at 2:15 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is the second photo the remnants of the helicopter that was purchased?

Looks interesting, can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Helicopter was 4 x the size of that by the look of it - want to know where that one in second photo is going though - looks cool as hell. 50 photos incoming lol.

16 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Helicopter was 4 x the size of that by the look of it - want to know where that one in second photo is going though - looks cool as hell. 50 photos incoming lol.

Would love to know what happened to the helicopter, perhaps we'll see it flying about near Arcadia this year?! No idea tbf.

11 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Can everyone stop panicking that William's Green has gone, or at least the WG-tent has gone. Perhaps it's just being moved away from an already congested area of the site? Could easily be placed somewhere else. 

This could happen but we know some acts aren't booked because William's Green has been binned. If it was just being moved, wouldn't they just be booked in the new location?

Granted it could be something under different management and they want all new acts (which could be argued is a good thing) but it just sounds to me like the plug has been pulled.