West holts lineup

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Where will Tinariwen be playing? I was assuming it had to be WH. 

maybe acoustic as there don't seem to be acoustic acts on what's been announced, perhaps pyramid, as there's usually something like this there.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And? Theres plenty of acts who play arenas in the uk and dont sell them out but get good slots at glasto and you never hear complaints. But apparently the one fucking country act has to be criticized.

Also, The Chicks have had high billing or headlined some big fests in the last year. Rudimental is doing that? 

you lot were dragging yourself over hot coals for Kacey to be on the Pyramid and then it all got thrown by the wayside. Now one of Kacey's biggest influences is supposed to be relegated to West Holts? Come the fuck on.

Could you please stop having massive hissy fits about imaginary arguments? It’s quite tiresome.

I was listening to acts on the poster from the top down, and I almost abandoned it because it seemed to be a rap stage. But when i got further down the lineup there's some great sounding world music. 

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And? Theres plenty of acts who play arenas in the uk and dont sell them out but get good slots at glasto and you never hear complaints. But apparently the one fucking country act has to be criticized.

Also, The Chicks have had high billing or headlined some big fests in the last year. Rudimental is doing that? 

you lot were dragging yourself over hot coals for Kacey to be on the Pyramid and then it all got thrown by the wayside. Now one of Kacey's biggest influences is supposed to be relegated to West Holts? Come the fuck on.

I've no idea where The Chicks will play, but I could easily see it being one of the smaller stages. Zac Brown Band played in 2013 to a small crowd in the Acoustic tent. Country music has definitely grown in the UK since then, but a high spot on a smaller stage is just as likely as a lower spot on the Pyramid.

Only really started listening to them recently and I'm liking them a lot. I'll see them wherever they're playing (clashes permitting).

Edited by elias

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

Oh wow. 

I didn’t know that, but just checked: 

the band have announced that singer and guitarist Isaac Wood is departing from the group. Wood has cited his wellbeing as the reason behind his departure. “I have bad news which is that I have been feeling sad and afraid too,” Wood wrote in an online statement.31 Jan 2022

On 3/14/2023 at 11:28 PM, Beaver89 said:

It seems the WH poster is listed Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Friday, Saturday Sunday repeat to finish. All confirmations and rumours have so far lined up with this theory and if you separate it out the order of acts looks very sensible. It would put The Hu on around legend time on Sunday based on last years clashfinder (which is annoying).

Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 23.28.01.png

Just to let everyone know that the order from the poster isn’t in the correct order.  For example Speakers Corner Quartet are on the Sunday 

6 hours ago, sisco said:

Just to let everyone know that the order from the poster isn’t in the correct order.  For example Speakers Corner Quartet are on the Sunday 

Possibly good news re: the Cat Stevens/The Hu clash, but in Glastonbury tradition, most likely just gonna make the clashes all over even worse. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Superscally said:

Oh wow. 

8 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I didn’t know that, but just checked: 

the band have announced that singer and guitarist Isaac Wood is departing from the group. Wood has cited his wellbeing as the reason behind his departure. “I have bad news which is that I have been feeling sad and afraid too,” Wood wrote in an online statement.31 Jan 2022

Yup, he pretty much left on the eve of the album being released. Performed some of the songs live in the lead up to it but that was it. Band have been testing songs live since last summer, trading positions on writing the songs and singing them live. Fortunately, they're a very multi talented band so yes its hit them hard, but they've picked it up very well.

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yup, he pretty much left on the eve of the album being released. Performed some of the songs live in the lead up to it but that was it. Band have been testing songs live since last summer, trading positions on writing the songs and singing them live. Fortunately, they're a very multi talented band so yes its hit them hard, but they've picked it up very well.

Any news on if the album is due any time soon/before the festival? I know the songs are all out there and the fans pretty much know them off by heart already but I’m hoping they actually have an album out, even if that is maybe a big ask what with the last one only being a year old.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Any news on if the album is due any time soon/before the festival? I know the songs are all out there and the fans pretty much know them off by heart already but I’m hoping they actually have an album out, even if that is maybe a big ask what with the last one only being a year old.

From what I know they've not said anything about recordings.

The fear of missing Candi Staton for a prime Reg slot is real.

Realistically this will be the last chance I get to see her, where as I'm also seeing Reg next month.

A lot will depend on set times, but current plan is to see all of CS then hot foot it over for The Pyramid. 

38 minutes ago, nikkic said:

The fear of missing Candi Staton for a prime Reg slot is real.

Realistically this will be the last chance I get to see her, where as I'm also seeing Reg next month.

A lot will depend on set times, but current plan is to see all of CS then hot foot it over for The Pyramid. 

See you in the fitness for Glastonbury thread 🙂 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

That's me. Not looking forward to it but I'm not wasting Sunday getting a good Reg spot when I'm seeing Blondie a week later anyway and don't care about Lil Nas X or Cat. 

5 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That's me. Not looking forward to it but I'm not wasting Sunday getting a good Reg spot when I'm seeing Blondie a week later anyway and don't care about Lil Nas X or Cat. 

I wouldn’t mind Lil Nas, my son loves him so I’ve kinda got into him recently, but there’s no contest between him and CS. 

Blondie I’m keen to see though, so it could be back and forth a little bit, not ideal on Sunday legs! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I wouldn’t mind Lil Nas, my son loves him so I’ve kinda got into him recently, but there’s no contest between him and CS. 

Blondie I’m keen to see though, so it could be back and forth a little bit, not ideal on Sunday legs! 

WH right now is looking pretty slick depending who actually falls on Sunday, might make a very easy day for me if I can get Barrington Levy and Sudan Archives before Candi. Lie down in, and partake in, some grass, job done